Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cars getting a little closer each day
. Got my motor back, a few brackets to make and a little wiring. I love the look of the original TorqThrust D wheels
. But to use them I would have to narrow my rear end :( . I am using the 4 link, out of an '87 converted to 5 lug, and have the FFR lower control arms up front. The TorqThrust IIs are available with selectable backspacing, and in the 15" that I want. I just don't care for the 17" look with the low profile tires. Anyways, does anyone have pictures of the TorqThrust IIs in 15", either polished or painted, on their car?. Wondered also what other wheels you might suggest? I've been doing some checking on this sight and just want to confirm what I think I have found; the 10" rear requires a 6 3/8" backspace, a 9 1/2" rear needs a 6 1/8" b.s., a 7" front needs 4 1/2" and an 8" front needs a 5" backspace? Hoping to fit 295/50x15 rears on 10"rims in back and 245/60x15 fronts on 8"rims :D . Will this work? :confused: Thanks, Glen
PS-Man am I surprised the
Pack pulled that one off!! I don't think they'll go to much further.

·
6,559 Posts
You may want to take a look at this thread and track down the owners.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
985 Posts
I looked at the catalog today when I was at Farm and Fleet and it looks like back space could be a problem with those wheels. Al

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,659 Posts

You might want to rethink narrowing the rear end and use these wheels . Cost per wheel is about $185 each , narrowing the rear cost ? $300 to $400 ? Might be worth it .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts