Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a week and a half. The last month or so I've been rushing to get the car finished up in time for the Western Roundup. I finally got her done 2 days before the track event at Willow Springs. Had a great time there with about 8 other FFR guys. The very next weekend my wife and I got to head out to Vegas for the rest of the Western Roundup. At this pace, my 5000 mile annual insurance policy will be up in a month and a half :D

A few observations:
1) A bonestock engine is still tons of fun to drive
2) Just about everyone likes a Cobra, regardless of age or race. My wife overheard a 3 year old say to his dad, "Look at the cool car dad, what is it?" I also had someone with a German accent that spoke almost no english try to find out what it was
3) Driving when its 33º is chilly, even with the heater on high, heated seats, a blanket over your legs, a sweatshirt and jacket, a neckwarmer and ski hat.
4) Driving in the rain requires RainX and speeds over about 45mph. We basically stayed dry except when traffic in front of us slowed below 45. Then you have to deal with rain drops hitting your eyeballs.
5) Having a supportive and easy-going wife makes #3 and #4 much more enjoyable.
6) Without this forum, the car would have been much more difficult to build (though it would have cost a lot less
)

·
Cobra Colorist
5,632 Posts
Jeff, glad you made it and had a great time you road warrior ANIMAL!!!

·
Pro FFR Builder and Moderator
14,803 Posts
Jeff, I'm glad you have a reasonably good trip home.
If you keep a couple of heavy hooded sweat shirts in the trunk as well as some ear plugs, it makes long trip a bit nicer.

·
Premium Member
18,462 Posts
Jeff R,
I would like to publicly compliment you on
a. Your FFR is simply beautiful.

Very tastefully done, details excellent!
b. You and your lovely bride make a charming couple.

What a treat you could make the trip!
Larry J

[ November 08, 2004, 12:12 PM: Message edited by: Larry N. Johnson ]

·
Registered
366 Posts
Jeff--My wife and I routinely ride in cold temperatures and don't get cold. We don't have seat heaters but we do use marine foul weather jackets. We haven't found anytihng else that cuts the wind chill but they really do.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,598 Posts
Jeff,
Having seen the car at Willows and you JUST getting it done says a lot for the fun you'll have. I finally got time to view some of the video and when I get home, I'll get you a copy of what I edit. I still have to get a hold of Chuck for his stuff too.

Nice job on the car and having on a track the first time out without problems, says a lot for these cars and the builder.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts