New '33 Builder - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2015, 06:43 PM Thread Starter

New '33 Builder

Hello NorCal,
My name is Brandon, I currently live on the Peninsula and Ill be taking delivery of a '33 Hot Rod kit here in just a few days. My goal is to create a pro-touring-like '33 on a budget with a build time of 9-12 months. Id like to get it running and registered in that time and then focus on building it out into the aggressive '33 I have in my head.

I'd love to meet other builders in the area (especially '33s) and look forward to participating in local events. There are several topics like taxes, sb100 registration and laws related to kit cars that I'm not 100% certain so I'll be picking your brains when the time comes. I thank all of you in advance.

-Brandon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-05-2015, 04:40 AM

Welcome Brandon.. Keep your eyes open here for get-together events. We try to do something once a month during driving weather. Also, a group of guys gets together at " The Diner" in Los Gatos every Sat morning at 8:30 as part of the BACC. (Bay Area cobra club). Search them out on the web..you'll find that the guys who have built these cars are incredibly generous with their time and expertise and you'll find lots of help. I bought my car half finished already , and I was very lost when it all showed up in my garage. A couple of members came over, having never met me before , and spent 3 hrs helping me get straightened out. I'm sure you'll find all the help that you need. I look forward to meeting you myself.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-12-2015, 07:02 PM
ROOKIE!
FFCars Craftsman

Welcome Brandon! I grew up on the peninsula, but live in the east bay now. I love the 33 and would like to build one some day. Would love to come check yours out when you get going and maybe lend a hand too. My coupe is off to paint but I will be starting to attend local events soon. The people on this forum are amazingly helpful and you will find all the support you need here. Link us to your build thread if you make one. We like pictures!

Jeff

FFR#0611CP, Complete Coupe Kit, IRS with 3.55 gears, Ford Racing 363Z Stroker @473HP, Fast Sportsman EFI, TKO 600 with mid shift, Wilwood Brakes, FFR 17 inch Halibrand replicas, Sumitomo HTR Z P275/40ZR-17 front and P315/35ZR-17 rear.

Delivered- 08/17/2013
First Start- 11/19/2014
First GoKart- 11/20/2014
Paint- 08/21/2015
Licensed- 12/01/2015
Finished-?

Sweep the leg!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 02:36 AM Thread Starter

I will definitely keep my eyes open for cruises and local events. It doesn't matter if the car is finished or not. If you haven't been to Cars and Coffee SF yet, you should. It's held on Treasure Island and the cars are impressive from both the builder and the buyer perspective.

The car has been here for about a week now. Inventory is done and assembly is starting to come along. I need a few parts from FFR to get the car on the ground so I'll be focusing on buying an 8.8 in the meantime followed by the engine (302/351) and tranny (T-5) here soon. Any suggestions on sourcing those locally?

I appreciate the welcome guys. I look forward to meeting you and seeing your rides.

Jeff, what color(s) did you end up painting your '65?

JC, beautiful car... that paint job is sick.

Pics of '33 #799:

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 06:39 AM
ROOKIE!
FFCars Craftsman

Hey Gsnipe, I am going with Dodge B5 Blue. Although there is still time to change my mind!
[IMG][/IMG]

FFR#0611CP, Complete Coupe Kit, IRS with 3.55 gears, Ford Racing 363Z Stroker @473HP, Fast Sportsman EFI, TKO 600 with mid shift, Wilwood Brakes, FFR 17 inch Halibrand replicas, Sumitomo HTR Z P275/40ZR-17 front and P315/35ZR-17 rear.

Delivered- 08/17/2013
First Start- 11/19/2014
First GoKart- 11/20/2014
Paint- 08/21/2015
Licensed- 12/01/2015
Finished-?

Sweep the leg!!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-03-2015, 04:08 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Brandon give me a call if you are looking parts I'm in the auto recycling business I'm in SF. my car is a donor build. I've supplied some guys rearend for their cars. Cell is 408 316 0199. Let me know if ya need anything or a hand some time. Have a few t-5s that can be built and explorer intakes if your gonna got injected. Freddie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1441253184858.jpg (101.2 KB, 6 views)

Updated 3-2015 replaced engine with Roller 302 bored .30 over 306 now Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & F-cam. lil bit bigger, lil more horsepower & and a lil lighter now. Coming soon GT40 tubular intake & MSD distributor.

FFR#6983 ordered 4-15-09 delivered 05-21-09, 96 explorer 302 mustang 5spd, 94 must gt 3:27L rearend

Sponsored Links
Advertisement