FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - 2015 Donor Mk4 Roadster w/IRS, First Build - Input Welcome, Many Questions.
View Single Post
post #284 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2019, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
IsaacW
First Time Builder

2015 Donor Mk4 Roadster w/IRS, First Build - Input Welcome, Many Questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
Still not the same since the factory setup also includes a line to the top of the radiator with a one-way valve. That's part of how it keeps air out of the system. Mustangs (and our builds) have run millions of miles without blow-off caps when set up the way Ford designed. Controlling engine temp is a big deal. Altering a known working setup is risky IMO for no other reason than the aesthetics and perceived inconvenience (which it isn't) of the tank location. Good luck whatever you do.

Ahah... I must not have read enough to be aware of the one-way valve to the radiator .... Iíll re-visit that. I agree, I donít want to mess with the way Ford designed the ECU to control the engine temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by IsaacW; 08-12-2019 at 01:47 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.