FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Financing Thread....
View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 06-17-2019, 08:27 PM
donkeykong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
I never stated that I am middle class. I stated that a middle class person could save up for an FFR, if they lived within their means and didn't also buy everything else that caught their eye.
I mean, anybody can save for anything given enough time I suppose. I just don't see the typical middle class man with a wife and 2 kids saving up $25,000 cash minimum to buy a FFR in any time frame that would be construed as "a couple years". Yes, the wife never wants clothes, a night out a nice dinner etc. The kids never need school clothes, supplies, toys, games, bikes, money to hang out with friends etc. Nobody wants to go to Disney or any other type of vacation. This is what would need to happen in this scenario.

I'm not arguing finances and what is or isn't a good idea, nor attacking, I'm just stating that a typical guy with a family isn't saving up $25,000 cash in a year or two or even 3 or 4 to complete one of these builds. Let's be really honest here, the typical family after paying bills and taking care of everybody's wants and needs plus putting money into savings each month...simply doesn't have an additional $400, $500, $600 to go towards their "Cobra fund".

On the other hand, if you're talking about a middle class guy in his 50's at home with his wife with the kids out of the house...YES, that guy can afford to save in a relatively quick manner and buy his Cobra cash. Perhaps that's the reason when I see another Cobra on the street or at a show...that's the age bracket of the owner, 50's or 60's.

Again, this isn't anything directed towards you personally...I'd much rather count you as a friend than not.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.