FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - EdwardbŁs Gen 3 Type 65 Coyote Coupe #59 Build
View Single Post
post #76 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
edwardb
FFCars Captain

Gen 3 Coyote

Today I attended the 2018 Detroit Autorama at Cobo Center in downtown Detroit. Walked the entire show upper show floor and as usual lots of amazing builds. I heard from someone the number of cars was down slightly this year. But hard to tell for sure. It was pretty packed and generally the aisles were wall-to-wall people. The car hobby seems to be going quite strong. Several Cobras of various brands including FF and also several Daytonas. The hand built sports class (what I’ve been entered in the three times I exhibited) had a number of nice entries. So it will be competitive. There were massive lines waiting to get autographs from WWE wrestler Roman Reigns and Dale Earnhardt Jr. But I avoided those. Besides I didn’t bring a WWE belt or quarter panel for an autograph. (People carried those things in there…). Back on task, one of my big missions for the day was to see the Gen 3 Coyote for the first time and talk to the Ford Performance guys. Probably spent and hour or so doing that.

Here are pictures of the Gen 3 Coyote. First a walkaround. Here’s the front. Don’t notice any differences.

Left side. The hose connection right in the center with the plastic cap is the PCV connection. You can just barely see the fuel supply connection right above it. Also with a plastic cap. In the same general area as the previous versions.

Rear. Don’t note any differences here either. CMCV vacuum motors as before.

Right side showing the new Direct Injection (DI) pump and plumbing. Looks like because of space the Coil on Plug for #3 was reconfigured. The DI pump body plus the connector are the interference concerns. More on that later.

Another angle of the right side.

And then there’s the famous new cover.

Doesn’t look too great from that angle. It was up pretty high. Looks a little better in the Mustang mule that has the prototype Gen 3 crate installed.

Not much to say about the cover at this time. There are no coil covers for the new version. Too much going on so they just made the top cover wider. JLT Performance has shown some pictures of the new cover with custom paint. Doesn’t look too bad. The cover is basically the same width as the distance between the upper frame rails of the Gen 3 Coupe. Although it would sit above the rails. So clearance isn’t an issue. Jury is still out on this one.

Build 1: Mk3 #5125. Sold 11/08/2014.
Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. 03 of 20. 2015 crate Coyote, 2015 IRS. Legal 04/18/2017.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and

Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 crate Coyote. Delivered 12/2/2017.

Last edited by edwardb; 03-04-2018 at 02:03 AM.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.