FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - EdwardBťs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build
View Single Post
post #470 of (permalink) Old 05-28-2017, 12:38 PM Thread Starter
edwardb
FFCars Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexg View Post
Hi Ed,

Just wondering if you needed to dismantle, pack and reassemble your engine mounts as noted in the Coyote install instructions?

I'm currently at this stage, however there were no spacers given with the kit.

Just an added note, im building a right hand drive version here in Australia, which has some added variations to the LHD instal. This is outlined in the RHD Coyote install instructions.
These instructions call for a spacer fitted between the mount and the Coyote on the right hand side only. I have this spacer only.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Alex
I can't give direct advice regarding RHD, for obvious reasons. But can share what I did with the engine mount spacers. This was discussed a lot during the build with several other Coyote past and current builders. FF initially said only to use a spacer on the left side (LHD drive) and most including me thought this was to tip the engine away from the very close driver's footbox. For my build I found a spacer on each side was fine, and the engine was closer to level giving better header to body alignment. I initially used Whitby spacers between the engine mounts and frame mounts. During my build, FF released spacers that went inside the engine mounts. I'm sure the ones you mention. I thought that was a better solution so ordered them from FF. The pictures below show what they look like out of the package and when installed.

You will need to determine whether one spacer or two gives you the best engine alignment inside the footboxes, the proper oil pan clearance at or above the 4-inch chassis tubes, and the best side pipe alignment. All are affected by the spacer(s). I personally prefer the newer internal spacers, but the external ones work as well. Hope that helps and good luck.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.