FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - EdwardBťs Mk4 #8674 20th Anniversary Build
View Single Post
post #66 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2015, 02:29 PM
chrisarella

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
When I was ready to click the button to purchase last week, the first place I went said “Ford Coyote M-6007-M50 no longer available, replaced with M-6007-M50A.” ...It’s rated at 430 HP and just over 400 torque. ...Some of the changes to the 2015-2016 engine are bigger heads and valves. ...A revised crankshaft, connecting rods, pistons, and a couple internal changes to the block. A major addition is charge motion control valves (CMCV) added to the intake manifold. This was something used before on 3V mod motors, as I understand, and one of the first performance modifications was to remove them. Ford claims these were done right on the Coyote, and get totally out of the way when open. They are supposed to provide better low-end torque without affecting high rpm power.
You are correct except the motor has 435 horsepower (not 430) @ 6500 rpm and 400 ft/lb of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel).

Here is the breakdown:

NEW Ford Performance Mustang Coyote 5.0L 435HP Crate Engine M-6007-M50A

Coyote Control Pack M-6017-504V Recommended
Detailed Specs and Notes:
  • 435 Horsepower, 400 ft/lbs Torque
  • 11.0:1 Compression ratio
  • Lightweight aluminum block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick bulkheads for bottom-end strength
  • Piston cooling jets and optimized oil drainback and windage control to improve high-rpm performance
  • Large sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
  • Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
  • 80 mm single bore drive by wire throttle body
  • Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction
  • Includes Mustang GT 409 stainless-steel tubular exhaust manifold on the RIGHT SIDE ONLY
  • Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
  • Vehicle harness and PCM not included
  • Use Control Pack M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation
  • Does not include alternator for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT
  • 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit available see M-9680-M50A
  • Remote Mount Filter Adapter M-6881-M50 available for applications requiring oil filter relocation
  • Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
  • Photo and specs may vary as production is ongoing
  • Engine weight: 444 lbs

OUTGOING Ford Performance Mustang Coyote 5.0L 420HP Crate Engine M-6007-M50

Coyote Control Pack M-6017-A504V Recommended
Detailed Specs and Notes
  • 420 Horsepower, 390 ft/lbs Torque
  • 11.0:1 Compression ratio
  • Lightweight aluminum block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick bulkheads for bottom-end strength
  • Piston cooling jets and optimized oil drainback and windage control to improve high-rpm performance
  • Large sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
  • Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
  • 80 mm single bore drive by wire throttle body
  • Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction
  • Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
  • Vehicle harness and PCM not included
  • Use Control Pack M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation
  • Does not include alternator for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT
  • 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit available see M-9680-M50
  • Remote Mount Filter Adapter M-6881-M50 available for applications requiring oil filter relocation
  • Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines
  • Photo and specs may vary. These features apply for engine code EG-397-AA. Engines are this build code or newer while supplies last.
  • Engine weight: 444 lbs

Honestly you probably won't notice the difference in power, but I suspect the revisions were more about longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
Then I found they have released a brand new control pack M-6017-504V for the 2015-2016 engine, which is mandatory. The 2011-2014 engine won’t work with the new control pack and the 2015-2016 won’t work the old control pack.
Correct again.

NEW FORD RACING 5.0L COYOTE ENGINE CONTROL PACK — M-6017-504V

Designed to run:
  • M-6007-M50A 4 Valve crate engines
Ford Performance Instructions

OUTGOING FORD RACING 5.0L COYOTE ENGINE CONTROL PACK — M-6017-A504V

Designed to run:
  • M-6007-M50 4 Valve crate engines
  • M-6007-A50NA 5.0L 4V crate engines
  • M-6007-A50SC
  • M-6007-A50XS 5.0L 4V Aluminator XS crate engines
  • Salvage motors from 2011-2014 Mustang GT.
  • Salvage motors from 2012-2013 Boss 302 with aftermarket custom software tuning.
  • Salvage motors from 2012-2013 F150 with aftermarket custom software tuning.
Ford Performance Instructions

Sadly I've already purchased the older control pack. I just looked on the box of my control pack and the number says M-6017-A504V. The "A" is the difference in the part numbers. So I will be on the hunt for the older motor.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg M-6017-A504V-controller.jpg (223.4 KB, 1214 views)
File Type: jpg M-6007-M50big.jpg (69.6 KB, 1220 views)
File Type: jpg m6017504v_8119.jpg (32.9 KB, 1209 views)
File Type: jpg m6007m50a_1.1529.jpg (110.2 KB, 1216 views)

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coyote 5.0, T56, IRS, Torsen Diff, PS, Wilwoods, Hydraboost PB + ABS, & tons more extras.
Arrived 12/18/2011. More info, full parts list, financials, and progress-tracking on my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.