Factory Five Racing Forum banner

CA Registration question

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Cobrakai 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I am in the process of registering my coupe and I am not sure if my current setup is going to work. I have a PCV vent on the passenger side of my engine with a hose that goes to the base of my fuel injection. On the drivers side I have a breather cap. Please see photos. Does anyone know for sure if I need to swap my breather cap for one with a stem on it and run a hose to the air cleaner or not? I don't mind doing it but would like to know if I can get away with what I have. Any input is really helpful. Thanks!

Drivers side with NO PCV:
[/URL][/IMG]

Passenger side with PCV:
[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#3 ·
Okay, great! Thanks for the input!

Jeff

#4 ·
it wont pass. it must be a closed system. pcv is correct but the others side needs vent to your air cleaner. just buy a cheap cap with a vent hose and a air cleaner with a fitting on it for the hose to attach. the swap it back after you register it. if you don't play there game they can be real ass holes.

#5 ·
Thanks acmikee! I just ordered the vent and air cleaner I need to make it work.

Oh, And thanks for bringing the seat to Mark! I'll be putting it back in the coupe shortly...

#6 ·
And, you must make sure the hose from the breather to the air cleaner is specific for PCV valve use and not just any fuel hose. They will fail you for that too.

#7 ·
Thanks Jim, I did not know that. I am assuming my local auto parts store will have what I need. Great advice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.