Sentry Bee? - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Senior Charter Member
FFCars Major

Sentry Bee?

For three days now, there is one big fat bee hovering right outside my door. I would say he never moves more than 3 or 4 feet and about eye level. If I get to close he comes over and buzzes me, even occasionally colliding with me.

I don't see any other bees or hives.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:14 PM
www.myraceshop.com

Nope. But some Brake Clean will take care of your "sentry".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

GTM/Corvette/Racing Parts

Solution "kits" for some common GTM issues.

"How To" videos, including bodywork, frame, suspension, vehicle layout-all coming soon.

"Choose Freedom Over Freebies"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 06:29 PM

Sounds like a carpenter bee. They are territorial
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:15 PM

Garage
Bumble bees can be defensive too. My parents had a hive in their barn in PA and any time we'd walk by the corner during the day they'd want to attack

Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 07:53 PM
Senior Charter Member
FFCars Craftsman

I say it is a carpenter bee and he is the guard. We have one that guards our garage. He most likely will not bother you he just doesn't let any other bugs go near his nest. Now if you find a way to get rid of the nest let me know. I have done everything except burn down the garage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some have said I am not playing with a full deck little do they know I only have two jokers.
FFR Spyder-GT 302 carb, @ 348hp and 325ft-lbs, three link 3.55, F-R 15:1 rack, 17\" 335 and 265 wheels, keyless ignition, 13\" and 12\" brakes all wrapped in yellow.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:21 PM
FFCobra Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Nope. But some Brake Clean will take care of your "sentry".
And then ad one of these
https://www.walmart.com/ip/COLEMAN/3...aArATEALw_wcB\
so you have your own miniature flame thrower. When my wife pointed out a spider outside the front door I went for my tools. Her, 'WTF are you going to do?' 30 seconds later. "Wow he shriveled up and disappeared. Yehawww!!!!'

FFR 5353K, 408W, TKO 500, 2015 IRS w/ 315 gear, Breeze QA1 DA coilovers front and rear, APE hardtop, Forte front swaybar
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 11:44 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Captain

Yeah, it's a carpenter bee. They eat or ruin anything wood. They bore holes in anything wood and lay their legs there. They come back year after year in bigger numbers. I like to use a tennis racquet to get them. You can also buy or make a carpenter bee trap. I made several, and they work great. If they are eating your area up, get a trap.

FMS 302,GT40 Alum heads,Cobra intake,70mm MAS/TB,24lb injtrs, 8.8w/3.55,WC T5,Srt Perf Seats, donor build except eng/tranny, Hummer Yellow w/o stripes
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-25-2019, 12:43 AM
FFCars Craftsman

DARPA.

Microdrone Robobee

https://dod.defense.gov/News/News-Re...demonstration/

https://www.defenseone.com/technolog...gen-ai/154068/

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-p...-the_b_5441190

a foil hat should help reduce their ability to read your thoughts.

HTH,
Will

FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05
Roller 9/28/05
First start & go-cart 11/28/05
red w/white stripes
PC Chassis, heat/defrost, Halibrand-style 15's, footbox vents, Breeze headrest, dual quad 427W, rebuilt T5, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car

Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement