FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Sammio Cordite - Triumph Spitfire 1500 based kit
View Single Post
post #139 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 01:43 PM Thread Starter
Paul L
FFCars Craftsman

Wiring Loom - Part 5:
When I first thinned the loom out, I cut one wire in error from the connection block that goes to the indicator/horn switch.

Rather than attempt to fix the mess I'd made of the original connecting block, I simply added an extra connection.

However, for this to work, I had to wrap a "bend" in the rest of the wires to create some slack.
( As my previous butchery had left the wires too short. )

Whilst this is clearly not as tidy as the original set up, it will work well enough for me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I continued working my way along the loom until I got to the section of wires near the fuses.

This included the other mistake that I'd made when thinning out the loom the first time.

I'd cut out a green & black wire in error (shown below on the left with tape on), but is was now too short to rejoin at the fuse box.

In addition, there was a "stray" earth lead that wasn't going to fold up/tuck away neatly either.

So I used two more of my red connecting tubes to tidy up the wires & their routes.
- The green & black wire now joins one of the green wires a bit earlier than at the fuse box itself.
- The earth wire is now a single lead to "earth", with the rest of the wire the right size to tuck in nicely.

Which meant another section of the loom could be wrapped up.

Note:
The collection of wires heading off to the bottom of this photo are for the rear lighting.
But I still need to work out the route they will take from the bulkhead through the rest of the car.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.