FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Sammio Cordite - Triumph Spitfire 1500 based kit
View Single Post
post #133 of (permalink) Old 04-02-2014, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Paul L
FFCars Craftsman

Battery:
I wanted to measure the distance from the battery's negative terminal to the battery cut off switch.
( That way I could order two new earth cables to connect everything up properly. )

This was a good excuse to trim some spare rubber sheet I had to replace the old battery mat.

The rubber sheet just sits at the bottom of the battery box.

But when I put the battery on top, I realised why my donor didn't have a battery clamp in place...

Yes, the battery is the wrong shape to work with the new Spitfire clamp I bought.
( The clamp would short out the two terminals when their cables were fitted. )

A new battery had always been on shopping list, so now was a good time to get it.

Unfortunately, the new clamp didn't want to line up properly with the new battery either.

( Admittedly, the battery sits much lower than standard in my home made battery box. )

Thankfully I found something suitable in the box of bits that came with my donor car.

Although there was still a small issue with the length of the bolts.

So out came the angle grinder to trim both the width of the bracket & length of the bolts.

Then I added the foam strip that came with the new bracket to the back of my alternative one.

So now it all looks a lot better.

With the battery in position, I could measure and order the new cables I needed...

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.