FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Sammio Cordite - Triumph Spitfire 1500 based kit
View Single Post
post #112 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Paul L
FFCars Craftsman

Tidying Up:
I know I have been working on this bulkhead for a long time now, but more jobs are getting ticked off the "To Do" list.

I did a round of anti-rust treatment, fibre glass filler and etch primer on a number of areas behind the dash.
I was happy to leave the underside of the de-mister vents quite rough, as long as there were sealed.

Note: As always you can spot the photos in my posts are not in strict time order, as the corners haven't been filled in the photos above.

I also started given various dash related parts their first coat of black paint.

I also did the outside of the battery box.

Note:
I know some of this paint will melt when I weld the box into position.
But it will still be easier to re-do these bits again, rather than paint the whole box inside the bulkhead.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Weather:
Well, no update from me would seem to be complete without a weather report.
It has officially been declared the wettest winter on record in the UK and I can certainly believe that.

In addition to the rain, it has been pretty windy here too, which makes MIG welding outside tricky.
We have a huge eucalyptus tree in our garden, planted by the previous house owner.
( My top tip, never put one of these in your own garden, as it will grow into a complete monster! )

At times the wind was having a field day with this tree, just a few feet from where I was working!

But days are getting brighter, our two cherry blossoms are starting to flower, Spring is on the way.

Given that I have made some progress during the winter, I am looking forward to making better progress in the Summer.

Until next time, take care, Paul.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.