FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Sammio Cordite - Triumph Spitfire 1500 based kit
View Single Post
post #107 of (permalink) Old 02-24-2014, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Paul L
FFCars Craftsman

Doors - Part 1:
One of the main reasons for picking the new Cordite kit, over the old Spyder one, was the doors.
So the fact they turned out to be complete junk, and almost impossible, to use was a real kick in the teeth.
Even forgetting the fact that the two doors were different sizes, their build quality was beyond poor.

However, my intention with this build has been to build the best car I can from the cards I was dealt.
So here is some background on how I got to my final decision about what to do with them...

They were supplied looking like this.

But on closer inspection, the two piece construction was splitting apart all over the place.

When I was finally brave enough to test their strength, they came apart with ease.

In addition, the doors were not what you could call a good fit to the body shell.

Originally, I was planning to use use some external door hinges from a classic Mini, as seen here on a similar kit.

But other builders had build their own internal hinges and these looked like a better solution.

Note: This build is in Holland, which is why the steering is on the "wrong" side.

Continued...

Last edited by Paul L; 02-15-2018 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Replacing PhotoBucket Images

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.