Factory Five Racing Forum banner

unusual to see another Cobra on the road....

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  GWL 
#1 ·
well I have to say I was surprised to see another Cobra while out on a road trip on Sept 19th. i was heading home from Edmonton towards Athabasca and saw the undeniable front end of a red (with white stripe) approaching us. We waved, hope you saw us.
nice car BTW :)

#2 · (Edited)
Other than Ontario, Alberta has the most FFR roadster's by Province, in Canada.

Not that many years ago there was an active Cobra club, which organised day cruises, and overnight trips, a few times a year. I'm not sure why, but it seems to have lost the enthusiasm.
I don't see half as many Albertan's posting on here anymore either..Perhaps it was the economic situation, from back when the oil industry took a turn for the worst?

That being said, for the size of Canada, and the low number of roadsters, coupes, rods, etc., makes any of them extremely rare to see. I like that aspect.

#6 ·
#5 ·
I was in college in the early to mid '60's and only saw one 'original' until later in the 80's when I was visiting Summit Point Raceway in VA. Now unless I'm at a car show or cobra gathering I only see about one a year on the road.

George

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.