Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Have any Cobra trips planned in the great NW?

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Butch B 
#1 · (Edited)
Here are some I have done and want to get done this driving season:wink2:;
1. Three different trips up the Columbia Gorge(on both sides) DONE
2. Couple of short (100+/-mi) runs near home DONE
3. Run (112mi) to get my fresh picked Blueberries last Monday. DONE
4. DONE: Run out to The Viewpoint (Beer Garden) for dinner tonite?

5. Not DONE: Run up Clackamas River & down to Detroit(maybe this Sat?)
6 DONE: Run over to Prineville(car show) to see a buddy(next sat?)
7. DONE: Run over to the coast for a day to run with NW Cobra folks
8. DONE: Run with Cascade Cobras for 3 days down the coast to N. Cal.
10. DONE: Run over to "Cowboy Dinner Tree Cafe" 2 or 3days end of Aug.
11. Not DONE: Run over to Boise to see sister
12 Not DONE: But open to suggestions for runs?(lol)
Butch
PS
Folks, its perfect driving weather!(upper 70s/low 80s)?! just saying

See less See more
#2 ·
Butch, I really enjoyed a Cobra Trip to Whistler BC last summer. Great lodging and restaurants for 2 nights, and great day runs around that area. I might do that again next summer.
Terry

#3 ·
Terry, as you know, last summer was not a good summer for me.But, I would love to head up north to Whistler next summer and many more places! Count me in! Just saying--lol
Looking forward for "Cascade Cobra Cruise" this summer and a few more trips like I mentioned in my post.
Butch

#4 ·
Just updated my "Done" list so far:grin2:. Headed over "Cowboy Dinner Tree" this wknd and also will add a trip around "Crater Lake Rim" plus drive up to Paulina/East Lake, than over to Brazada Ranch Resort, than over to my son's cabin at "Lake Billy Chinook" and than over to Prineville to see a buddy. Maybe even drive up to "Timberline Lodge" on the way home! Just saying--- School starts on Sept 3rd:surprise:lol
Butch

PS
Anyone else driving their Cobras?

#5 ·
Great thread. I have been driving the wheels of my Cobra this year. My goal is over 5k miles. Next summer, we are hoping to drive up to Washington and back through Oregon to see if we can meet up with fellow car people. I would have loved to meet up with the Oregon people for their coast run. If they do that next year, we will be there. It is funny, but my wife and I have been talking about driving up the coast and camping from the Cobra. With the backpacking gear, we could pull it off.

Keep driving.

#6 ·
Just updated my list(again) lol.
Went down to Crater Lake and drove the rim and than went over to "The Cowboy Dinner Tree Cafe" near Silver Lake Oregon and also went up to Paulina/East Lake. Just another 'lil 750mi drive! The "Cowboy Dinner Tree Cafe" was fantastic food! Best steak(only 33oz:grin2:.) I have had anywhere in the world!! Just saying--

Butch

PS
Folks ,get out and drive your cobras!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.