FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum - View Single Post - Serpent Express Feedback?
View Single Post
post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-22-2013, 08:07 PM
Someday I Suppose
iBuild

I have had a 15ft steel SE for about 3 years I guess now, and really pleased with it, its a great little trailer for the roadster and also now will be using it for the miata as well.

I don't think there are any issues unique to it, I do wish it was a foot longer, I did add a cheap winch from Harbor Freight as I am much more comfortable pulling the car up the driving it up, especially if loading it alone. The ramps on mine, while I haven't had an issue with them coming off, I have had them walk out from the stored position while towing. On my model the back of the cover is all that was holding them in place so I added a short chain and a clip. I also added or should say have tried to add some additional turn indicators on the back of the trailer, as on mine the only sides markers are on the fenders of the trailer which make them hard to see for someone directly behind you.

All that said, it really does tow well. I originally pulled it with a Ram 1500 and it was effortless. I pull now with an 08 Mercury Mountaineer V8 which also has no problem pulling it. The shorter wheelbase mountaineer I do get a little trailer sway from time to time, but nothing major.

Over-all been very pleased with the SE.

Scott

MKIII Roadster #5835; IRS, Team III Wheels, Kuhmo XS Tires
Anderson Performance 408 Engine; Levy G-Force T5 rebuilt by Hanlon Motorsports
Engine Installed July 4th, First start July 5th 2009
Metal Morphous paint completed on November 20th, 2010
Titled and legal July, 2011

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome

Welcome to FFCars! The representations expressed are the representations and opinions of the FFCars.com forum members and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and viewpoints of the site owners, moderators, Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company. This website has been planned and developed by FFCars.com and its forum members and should not be construed as being endorsed by Factory Five Racing, Inc. or Ford Motor Company for any purpose. "FFR", "Factory Five", "Factory Five Racing", and the Factory Five Racing logo are registered trademarks of Factory Five Racing, Inc. FFCars.com forum members agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. Although we do not and cannot review the messages posted and are not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). Thank you for visiting the FFCars.com Forum dedicated to Factory Five.