Building Coupe 674 - Page 5 - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
 20Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #121 of 125 (permalink) Old 06-29-2019, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yesterday I pulled out the engine and transmission. They were only installed for mock-up. Soon I’ll do final assembly of the engine, clutch, bell housing and transmission.
Meanwhile I’ll do some patching and painting on the firewall. Also, I’ll soon be spending the wad for the Coyote Control Pack and study up on installing it.
My buddy Bob came by today to finish weld some of the stuff I had tacked in place over the last few months ... motor mount pedestals tweaked for a little more space between for the oil pan, transmission mount done and parking brake mount done.
We also made plans for some support structure in front of the driver side foot box for a toolbox. Hopefully that will be the last of the grinding and welding. It makes a mess of the garage!

I'm Glenn. Find me at "Team Limer" on Facebook

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2006 Mustang GT
Rally North America "Team Limer".

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe: Gen 2 Coyote, TKO-600, T-bird IRS with 3.55 Torsen diff.

This year's RNA event supports Camp Sunshine whose mission is to provide respite for families of children with life threatening illnesses. See "Team Limer" on FB for info. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 125 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
While the garage is a mess ...

My power window solution required that I cut up the doors, jambs and rockers, then put the parts together differently to make the doors deeper and longer. I made similar adjustments to the hood and the pontoons so that the parting lines would match the doors. All of these parts are just bonded together with 3M HSRF for now.

I plan to reinforce these seams with fiberglass on the back side. I've been putting off the prep work for a long time because its such a dirty job. But the garage is a mess today from all of the grinding a welding we did on Saturday, so I figured I'd tackle it now.

Messy chore done! Now to clean up the garage!

2006 Mustang GT

This year's RNA event supports Camp Sunshine whose mission is to provide respite for families of children with life threatening illnesses. See "Team Limer" on FB for info. Thanks!
post #123 of 125 (permalink) Old 07-12-2019, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Garage
I took time out from the build for one of my favorite activities ... a charity road rally with Rally North America. The route took us from Erie to Ithaca, Poughkeepsie, Concord and Old Orchard Beach ME. Our final checkpoint was at the site of our beneficiary, Camp Sunshine.

My 2006 Mustang served me well on some very spirited laps on Watkins Glen and a few runs on the quarter mile at New England Dragway. I hope to have my coupe on the road and sorted out for next year’s event. Running in one these road rallies has been the vision from the start.

BTW, one of the participants spied a Daytona driving by the Vanderbilt Mansion In Hyde Park the other day. Was it somebody here?

Now, back to the build!

2006 Mustang GT

Last edited by Gbeck; 07-13-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 125 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Noodling around ...

I ordered up some materials for treating the drive line components before final assembly. I intend to use SharkHide for the bare metal surfaces of the engine block, bell housing, transmission and the differential. I'll be coating the exhaust manifolds with Eastwood Hi Temp paint. Satin Black will be in keeping with the color scheme I have in mind. We'll see how well that holds up.

I'm considering adding a bump-out in the driver's foot box that will let me sit a little more straight in the seat. As it is my feet will be aimed outward and I'll have to twist to the right to face the wheel squarely. Most likely the bump-out panel will have to be removable to the inside of the cockpit to allow access to the header bolts. (See first attachment)

Rearranging the roll bars into an X-brace as i did gave me some areas in the ceiling that will never be used for headroom. So I'm thinking about using that space for some overhead storage, radio, dome lights, etc. I taped up some craft paper to get an idea what this space might look like. For starters I'm pretty sure I'll put a bluetooth speaker/microphone up there somewhere. I'm not sure if I'll be able to hear anything or if anybody will be able to hear me. We'll see how that goes. (See second attachment)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48316565692_19b063d1eb_z (1).jpg (72.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 48316446786_b1371d2692_z.jpg (90.6 KB, 19 views)

2006 Mustang GT

Last edited by Gbeck; 07-19-2019 at 11:04 AM.
post #125 of 125 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Banshee!

Cross posting ...

https://www.ffcars.com/forums/146-ot...e-sighted.html

2006 Mustang GT

Sponsored Links
Advertisement