Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Doors and Windows

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  TimC 
#1 ·
I have been working on my Gen 2 Coupe doors and windows for a few weeks. I have read stories of builders installing them in a few hours. Well...not me. I spent 40+ for both doors. That includes fitting doors, installing window frames, brake scoop windows, brake scoops, and door latches. The drivers side door was the most difficult, but it looks better than the passenger side in the end. I think I put it on/off 15 times. Patience is key and plan on a lot of "thinking" time. :) There are virtually no instructions. I relied heavily on pictures and info on the forum. Thanks to all of you for that.

Plan to get the coupe assembled and licensed by April. I am going to drive it during the summer to work out all the bugs...and paint in the fall. There is a little faint light I can see at the end of the tunnel. :nerd:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Papa, I can relate only I've got more hours in mine cause I cut the section off the rear edge of the door and bonded it to the fender, Fill n sand is my life!
What are you using to hold the scoop on with ? it looks clean, Nutserts? Thanks, Karl

#5 ·
That looks so good! The gaps look perfect!

jeff

#9 ·
My driver window was so bad I ordered a new window frame when I bought my rear glass hatch. Shipping would have been expensive on the window frame because of size so I ordered one just in case and it shipped with the hatch. The special part about the window is I ordered it unassembled. I pieced it together to fit the door opening.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.