I plan on:

1. FFR Vintage Wipers

2. Heater/defrost - with the glove box door only no box and premade dash

3. A metal bracket of some sort under the center of the dash for

Turn signal switch
Dimmer knob
Vintage GPS Gauge button
Heater switch

After forum discussion I believe these to be compatible as long as I do not put the actual box behind the glove box door.

#3 ·
There is room behind the dash glove box door to have a small box that you can keep registration, a map or other small papers. I've got a very large A/C and heater system and my box will be about 1" deep. I'm sure yours could be much deeper than that.

George

#9 ·
Perhaps I read that wrong, but I wouldn't locate the T/signal switch under the center of the dash. To awkward to reach it there..
If you use the Vintage heater switch, that comes with the heater valve & cable, you might not want it in a vertical position. Again to awkward to use.

#12 ·
I am a big fan of the Russ Thompson turn signal. I agree that I wouldn't put the turn signal on an under dash panel. I am a person that actually uses my turn signal, so I want that to be a little more of a normal operation. Cobras are notorious for running around with a signal flashing, so the self cancelling feature is nice.

I also have an under dash panel that runs the full width. It has a piano hinge towards the front and some rivnuts in the back at the dash lip. You take out a few screws and pull the dash forward to drop it down. Covered in matching vinyl. I like a cleaner dash, so I have all kinds of switches mounted in it. Garage door openers, radar detector, O2 unit, emergency flashers, gauge cal / trip reset, and seat heaters. USB and cigarette lighter type power ports also.

I did my heater in the middle which lets you have a full size glove box. That works with a SBF. There is some fabrication involved though. Or like GWL says, you can fit a paperwork sized one in.

#13 ·
I made my own panel to fit under the dash. I covered it in the same vinyl fabric I used for dash and transmission tunnel cover. It is removable to facilitate removing my transmission cover should I ever need to remove the transmission. I mounted my heater controls, heated seat switches, and auxiliary power outlets. There’s room to add additional switches for any future upgrades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.