Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Next Step Seats.

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  jhargrove 
#1 ·
Originally I had planned on using the Breeze Tilt Seat Mounts. (Which I have in my possession)

I thought forsure I was too tall to be completely comfortable and the tilt would give me a little more toom.

Well that's not true I have plenty of room with the seats sitting on the floor board.

So now I wonder if I should use the mounts from Breeze.

My plan is to asymble the mounts and try them out see what feels and looks better. I am a little worried the tilt will change the look a little.

Jason

#2 ·
Use the seat mounts! They tilt you up slightly to help you stay in seat, they provide thigh support and they are adjustable, although kind of a pain to move them.
To me putting the seats on the floor puts you more in an upright position and would result in a sore back, at least for me. Only my opinion, I'm sure others will speak up.
Oh, and they look just fine with a slight tilt.
Thanks Rob

Reactions: Toadster
#3 ·
+1 on the mounts!

It tilts you back so your legs will be comfortable, and bent properly. By tilting the seat, you actually gain legroom. And puts your body at a better driving angle.

#5 ·
I recommend you use them because the tilt makes the seats much more comfortable---at least for me. Every time I get a car here that has the seats flat to when I get in to move it I think that I'd hate to have to drive it very far.

Jeff

#6 ·
The only opinion that really matters is your opinion. Try them in any combination until you are satisfied. No one is going to point at your seats and accuse you of doing it wrong.

Well, almost no one. There will probably be someone, but don't listen to him.

#9 ·
Just a bit of historical perspective...

The original CSX 2000 and 3000 Cobras had the low back buckets bolted straight to the floor with no dropped footbox and badly offset pedals. As were the original Series 1 Jaguar XKE's. Ever driven either? I have, and it is the most uncomfortable seating position ever! Just for comparison, put your seats flat, and board over the dropped footbox, and imagine driving your car for hours.

You'll be tilting in no time!!!!!

#10 ·
I'm 6'2".and went with the Breeze seat wedges. I tried out the fit with the seats flat and also felt like I had enough leg room, but the wedge makes things a lot more comfortable. With the insulation and carpet in, my seats ended up slightly more forward that I intended, but things still worked out well.

#12 ·
In a previous lifetime and different brand of "cobra" I raised the front up about an inch and did the same for another friend. Greatly improved the comfort and driving position.

As has been mentioned this is something that you can try and tune to your comfort level.

From a safety standpoint it helps to minimize sliding forward during braking. Less opportunity to "submarine".

Jim

#13 ·
I was in the same boat. I stuck a 2x4 under the front of the seat and determined that I liked it better so I bought the mounts.

Another point is that the kit comes with masonite that mounts under the seat bottom and sticks out 3.5 inches beyond the most forward seat frame crossbar, this also helps provide more thigh support.

Since I have a welder, and could not seem to drill the holes accurate enough for easy threading, I drilled my own holes, moved the bolts to a little more convenient position, then welded the nuts to the bottom. Mine are very easy to access and start the bolts that hold the seat to the bracket.

In the end, I'm glad that I am using the Breeze kit.

#14 ·
How much leg room do you lose, by angling the seat back, vs, if it's sitting flat on the floor?

#16 ·
I also have the Breeze mounts and will agree that the slight recline is much more comfortable, and not noticeable to the eye. My wife and I routinely do multi day trips, 400 to 500 a day very comfortably.

Best of luck,

John

#19 ·
Just to put a little closure to this thread.

I mocked up the Breeze Seat Brackets. I love them. So I will use them.

However after reading the instructions it said carpet (not floor) and body should be on. I called Mark R. And questioned him about this. He explained that atleast the body should be on so make sure the seats are properly positioned and not interfering.

I will take his advise and move to the next step.

Thank you all

Jason

#18 ·
My seats are bolted to the floor, but with a 1" piece of square stock at the front. So not movable, but a slight recline. I wanted the as low as possible. Any higher and I would be looking at the windshield frame.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.