FiTech wiring - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

FiTech wiring

For those who run EFI (specifically fitech), have you needed to drill a third hole through your firewall for the wiring or have you been able to feed it through an existing hole, ie rear harness hole?

#9503 MK4 complete kit
1966 289 SBF HiPo bored 30 over
Tremec T5Z
8.8" Moser rear end w/ 3.55 gear ratio
manual steering
RT drop trunk
Breeze front battery box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 01:28 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

I just added the Fitech wires to another wire loom.
David W

FFR-4874 Mk ll, 3 bar coilovers, 5.0 with Edelbrock heads, RPM ll intake, 70mm TB, 24lb injectors, bullit replicas. Registered Aug 04, Lexus Indigo ink, silver stripes. Dec 06 POM
Gen 3 coupe #16, Dart 363 TKO600 Wilwood's IRS - registered Sept 18 and off to paint.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 02:56 PM
Too Cheap to paint!
FFCars Major

Garage
When I did my conversion, the only wires into the interior were for the hand-held, which I fit into and existing Pass-through. All power came from an auxiliary fuse panel under the hood.

FFR5148K MkII Roadster, Engine #4 - 331 CI 465 HP w/ FITECH Fuel Injection, 3-link, disc brakes, SN95 Cobra Front brakes, FR500 17" Wheels. Electric steering from Saturn VUE. QA1 Double Adjust shocks on all corners. Still mostly Gel-Coat Grey! Now with roll cage and more track stuff, wrecked, beaten, blown-up, man-handled, cut up, butchered, Freaky body mods, sat on by HOOTERS girls, still barely street legal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 03:29 PM
FFCars Craftsman

I kept the 6 pin connection in the engine bay but tucked it away up and out of sight. this way I could disconnect and remove, if something ever happened to the fitech, without the need to pass the connection through the aluminum. I then have the wires that are from the other side of the 6 pin plug which go to the fuel pump relay, fan control, ignition, etc; integrated into a split loom that I put through the pass-through hole which is shared with the rear harness. Then those particular wires are separated to their needed location within the ds footbox area.

The controller plug ins hang loose under the air cleaner. If i ever need to run and drive it while checking the controller, I can close the hood over the cable and keep my eye on the screen. But that has never come up. I keep the controller in a box in the trunk.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dave
Greenhorn / A New Experience for Me.
Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels

Purchased 10/7/15; Brought her Home 10/18/15
My photos are at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Videos are at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Build (Learning as I go and poorly organized) Blog @

--------------------------------------------------------------
Loving the Island Life

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 04:34 PM Thread Starter

thanks everyone. I didn't really want to drill an extra hole in the firewall if not needed. it didn't seem like there were too many wires for FiTech to require a separate hole/grommet.

#9503 MK4 complete kit
1966 289 SBF HiPo bored 30 over
Tremec T5Z
8.8" Moser rear end w/ 3.55 gear ratio
manual steering
RT drop trunk
Breeze front battery box
Sponsored Links
Advertisement