Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Finally Getting It Ready For Paint

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  2FAST4U 
#1 ·
Had a 4 wheel alignment done last week. Installed the body on Sunday. Aligning the body to the frame, modifying the door hinges, making a cold air box like in the picture below, then off to Ken Pike aka Street Rod Painter in Yuba City, CA. Color will be Porsche Carmine Red with Arctic White numbers. No stripes

See less See more
#3 ·
those goodyear tires and pin drives make the cobra for sure.

Reactions: WIS89
#9 ·
After test fitting the template I made a first article in aluminum. Some dimensions were off requiring some tweaking to get the first article to fit. But it’s very close

#10 ·
I then made another full size paper template with the new dimensions. Checked and rechecked to verify accuracy (not easy with the engine installed and the car on jacks)

#11 ·
Last night I finally laid out the new dimensions on my first production piece of .063 6061-T6 aluminum. Checked and rechecked to the second template and the car. Seems perfect. Now waiting for a special sized hole cutter for the air horn holes to arrive Wednesday. Time to make some chips!

#13 ·
Bill - over the years your craftsmanship has always amazed me. You fight your way through challenges and come out with an amazing work of art. This build is no different. I would like to look through your GT40 build again. Do you still have that available?

Thanks,
Geoff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.