Road trip to the Cave - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Well, day 1 is down. A quick 700 miles in right around 12 hours on the road with a few short stops along the way.

On a road we travel all the time, a quick hop over to NM and through the wierdness of Roswell.

Through our getaway spot in Ruidoso and past White Sands, we enter into untraveled (for us) territory.

Into Arizona and to our first pit stop.

About to hit the road after some IHOP waffles!

I know I look pissed in the photo...I'm really not. I have resting pissed face, apparently.

MKIV Complete Kit(order placed: 4/5/16; order completion: 5/14/16; delivered: 5/24/16): 3-link, PC, cutouts, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars; 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, wind wings/visors sourced during separate 50/50 sale; side pipes and headers sourced through Gan-n
First start: 6/22/19
Drive train: Levy 408w w/carb, TKO600, Moser 8.8 with 3.55s and GT rear brakes
Paint Plan: Under consideration (probably dark grey/titanium with silver stripes)

Last edited by silver_pilate; 07-18-2019 at 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 03:26 PM
Not a waxer

Safe travels Nathan! Be sure to give the bat a big wet one for me

Jeff

Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2019, 04:50 PM
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

EEEWWW

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKleiner View Post
Safe travels Nathan! Be sure to give the bat a big wet one for me

Jeff
John O

Government is a disease...
...masquerading as its own cure…

FFR1293K-289 slab side "Mr Bruce" body, 289 hi-po, original Cobra dual quad with Carter 3258s and 3259s carbs, original AMCO luggage rack, Tremec TKO, 3-link 3.55 rear, spoked wire wheels, under car exhaust. A replica of CSX 2367.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 04:39 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. Today saw another 360 miles or so for a grand total of around 1060 miles over two days.

We started early, and I was able to chat with Gordon for a few on the phone, though we missed out dropping by his shop. A few (lots) of miles later, we entered California with it's beautiful Palm trees. Although I was now less free, I hardly felt it 😉, though the 109° heat was a bit overly oppressive.

It was a really pretty drive through the pass on the pines to palms highway, a route that kept us out of the traffic.

We finally made it to the cave of the famous Bat. Sorry, Kleiner, I ain't kissing that.

I asked if Miller had any words of response to Jeff K. His answer, with a scowl, was simply "no." A no that said exactly two words. I'll let you guess the words.

We dropped the trailer at Jeff's shop, and tomorrow morning we will unload everything. Tonight we are at the Pechanga, and I'm lucky to have the best copilot along for the ride.

I out-kicked my coverage by a mile.

After picking up the empty trailer tomorrow, the wife and I are to Scottsdale for a few nights before heading back to the Lonestar state on Sunday and back to work on Monday.

Been lots of fun! Can't wait to see this car in color. Ford magnetic grey metallic with BMW titan silver stripes, btw.

MKIV Complete Kit(order placed: 4/5/16; order completion: 5/14/16; delivered: 5/24/16): 3-link, PC, cutouts, vintage gauges, glove-box dash, chrome roll bars; 17" wheels, B/T leather seats, wind wings/visors sourced during separate 50/50 sale; side pipes and headers sourced through Gan-n
Paint Plan: Under consideration (probably dark grey/titanium with silver stripes)
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2019, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

We just pulled back in from picking up the boys from the grandparents. Grand total for the trip was just shy of 2200 miles over 4 days and 40 hours of driving.

Don't worry about the miles to empty reading. This model of F250 is inaccurate since they raised the tank capacity but didn't change the computer calculation. I've got another 7 gallons before it drains dry.

I'm thinking I'll be shipping the car back home. I have a quote from Reliable whom Jeff likes, so we'll see if we can coordinate that when the paint is done.

Fun trip, but work comes early in the morning, so it's off to bed! Evening, all.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement