Scams - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Scams

Has any one been scammed on the forum l or run into trouble with people up to no good?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:42 AM

I have had nothing but great experiences with people on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob

12/7/1941
9/11/2001
3/21/2010
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 11:58 AM
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner

Same here.

FFR4373RD MK3, nondonor, DIY options/mods/paint, Lexus indigo/Viper silver, Hydroboost PS&PB/discs/ABS, AC/heat, 3-link/Konis, FMS302E, Holley 600DP/Airgap, 4X4 exhaust, Halibrand deep lip chrome CobraIII, TeamIII spinners, rollbars: chrome full & single

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:03 PM
Not a waxer

We had a couple of true scam artists many years ago; "Rocket Scientist" Craig Hassler and Jeremy Qu*** (I know the last name but won't publish it) who posted under several different user names. I've sent lots of parts out with the recipients' promise to pay and never had a problem. 99.999% of the people in the Factory Five community are golden

Jeff

Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:22 PM

x3 on nothing but good experience. Guys here take pride in honoring their commitments & going the extra mile.

John

MK IV Roadster #8631
Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 12:54 PM
FFCobra Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by phileas_fogg View Post
x3 on nothing but good experience. Guys here take pride in honoring their commitments & going the extra mile.

John
I agree.

FFR 5353K, 408W, TKO 500, 2015 IRS w/ 315 gear, Breeze QA1 DA coilovers front and rear, APE hardtop, Forte front swaybar
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Awesome! Thank you!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 02:06 PM

Years ago I had a few parts listed on Club Cobra. Most sold w/o any problems but I did get and interesting response on a carb. The "buyer" wanted to send a significantly larger check than required to cover the carb & shipping. According the their plan I was to then issue a refund for the overage.

I checked their addresses, all were scattered around the States, one was a gopher hole in Utah. The local PD called "scam". Still have the check for $2,500.

I agree w/ Jeff, I too have had payments and parts cross in the system w/o problems. This is a great group.

Jim
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 05:52 PM
Charter Member
FFCars Craftsman

In the "olden days" before the complete kit era, building a non donor was an adventure. I think I had 1/3 of a Fox body Mustang sent to my P.O. box. One guy sent me a badly crushed (unusable) pedal box but that was the only bad experience. Everyone here is first rate and the vendors are outstanding.

Last edited by wickershaw; 06-10-2019 at 08:44 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 08:32 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

All good here. Got short changed on a muffler I sold on the BMW site.

Kevin

Raleigh, NC. MK-IV 8243 Coyote (2014)/TKO-600
Delivered - 2/7/14
Initial Engine Start - 11/12/14
Go Cart - 11/22/14
Chassis to Body Shop - 11/24/14
Body Painted - 1/8/15
Body on Chassis - 1/28/15
Dyno Tune - 2/19/15
Trailer home - 3/7/15
NCDMV inspection - PASSED 3/16/15
Plate - "COYOTE" Black/Yellow NC-1965 - 3/25/15
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-10-2019, 10:05 PM
Husband/Father/Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKleiner View Post
We had a couple of true scam artists many years ago; "Rocket Scientist" Craig Hassler and Jeremy Qu*** (I know the last name but won't publish it) who posted under several different user names.
You beat me to it

For whom the bell tolls, It tolls for thee

John Donne

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 12:21 AM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Captain

I've had nothing but good experiences here. Many times my check and their parts would pass in the mail.

FMS 302,GT40 Alum heads,Cobra intake,70mm MAS/TB,24lb injtrs, 8.8w/3.55,WC T5,Srt Perf Seats, donor build except eng/tranny, Hummer Yellow w/o stripes
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 02:16 AM
Charter Member

As Jeff mentioned, I heard about a few issues many, many years ago. I have also bought and sold many items over the years through this forum without a single issue.

Otto Halstead
FFR5179K Totaled
FFR8239 delivered
Donor Build, 5.0, AOD, 3.73 3-link w/coilover, LCA, Flaming River Rack, Redfire Pearl Metalic w/White stripes
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-11-2019, 08:11 PM
Actual builder now!
FFCars Craftsman

Garage
X whatever. Nothing but great experiences. I think the vast majority of people on here are stand up decent human beings. For example; when I was recovering from brain surgery a fellow forum member put out the call for guys to come over and give me a ride to cheer me up and three did. One from some distance. Advice has been top notch and I haven't had an issue yet that wasn't helped by this community.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 12:50 AM
Cross Menber

Nothing but good experiences here.
Parts have always arrived in great shape, and truthfully described.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 02:05 AM
FFCars Craftsman

By and large all great experiences, and as the iTrader feedback under my avatar indicates, I’ve bought & sold a few things over the years and captured the feedback there as intended.

HTH,
Will

FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05
Roller 9/28/05
First start & go-cart 11/28/05
red w/white stripes
PC Chassis, heat/defrost, Halibrand-style 15's, footbox vents, Breeze headrest, dual quad 427W, rebuilt T5, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car

Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-12-2019, 11:22 PM

Not scammed yet....

Still waiting for parts .... last e-mail not responded too. I am starting to get a little annoyed since the card was already charged. How about a tracking number is it really that much to ask for.

MKIII #4649; DSS racing 410; Mass-flo; TKO600; 3-link, FFR Koni's, yadda yadda never done.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 03:11 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

I've never had an issue myself. We try to watch out for each other here and are pretty quick to point out when something is not right. I have also had parts and checks pass each other in transit.

We'll also point out if someone is doing something dangerous on their build. "Hey, I just used silicone instead of motor mounts", and watch the sparks fly.

MKIV Roadster....FFR7694
3-link Moser, Wilwood brakes, 347, TKO
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-14-2019, 05:02 PM
FFCars Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche325 View Post
We'll also point out if someone is doing something dangerous on their build. "Hey, I just used silicone instead of motor mounts", and watch the sparks fly.
NO NO NO, large industrial bungee cords!!!!!!!!
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old Today, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKleiner View Post
We had a couple of true scam artists many years ago; "Rocket Scientist" Craig Hassler and Jeremy Qu*** (I know the last name but won't publish it) who posted under several different user names. I've sent lots of parts out with the recipients' promise to pay and never had a problem. 99.999% of the people in the Factory Five community are golden

Jeff
I'll have to agree with this post wholeheartedly! I've been on both ends of buying and selling on the community. I've had parts come in after I placed an order when the check I sent was clearly still in the mail. I've had other users waiting for the check to clear and then send parts.

I know people give Finish Line a hard time due to their slow or non-existent responses...but I've always had everything I've ordered from them show up eventually.

Most everybody here I assume is of the age where your word still means something.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old Today, 09:16 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

I'll give you a complete list of scammers on here for $20!!!!

You can trust me. I'm a prince.

MKIV Roadster....FFR7694
3-link Moser, Wilwood brakes, 347, TKO
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old Today, 10:45 PM

Garage
Please publish your list. I put a check in the mail for the $20. 🙂

FFR #7124 Mk 3.1, Levy 5 link, LCA's & brakes, 17" Halibrands, electric PS, SAI, Eibach springs, BOSS 427w, webers, hood louvers, tilt front. Delivered 12/23/09, 1st start 02/19/12. 1st go cart 03/03/12. Titled 10/3/12.

"I'm basing it on a collective interpretation of these particular cars. And whatever the hell I like". The Federalist Patriot

SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR-5. Titled 9-19-18
Sponsored Links
Advertisement