4.6L owners - need some bling - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
 4Thanks
  • 2 Post By Bob Cowan
  • 1 Post By Dewey McBride
  • 1 Post By CDXXVII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
FFCobra Website Stalker

4.6L owners - need some bling

Hey guys. I'm running a stock looking 4.6L. Nice clean engine, but lacks the "Wow Factor" compared to the rest of the car.
Any advice or experiences with dressing these things up? Without looking cheesy, of course!

-Greg

65 MKIII
4.6L T-5 trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:37 PM

How about this?

https://www.edelbrock.com/e-force-su...e-2-15856.html

Atlantacobra and Cobra Jon thanked this.

.boB "Iron Man"
NASA Rocky Mountain TTU #42
HPDE Instructor
FFR 3691K: Dart 427W, Momar 8 Stack EFI, 600'ish hp, TKO, 3.55 TruTrac, Red with Ghost Flames. Gone, but not forgotten.
BDR 1642: Coyote, 6 speed auto, Edelbrock Blower

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
FFCobra Website Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Cowan View Post

Nice! Thanks. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but i like it. Mine is the 4 valve though.
-Greg

65 MKIII
4.6L T-5 trans
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-31-2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantacobra View Post
Nice! Thanks. A bit more than I wanted to spend, but i like it. Mine is the 4 valve though.
-Greg
Per the web site

The Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Stage 2 system part # 15856 for 2005-09 Ford Mustang increases the performance of your 4.6L 3V engine to 529 horsepower and 494 ft/lbs. of torque at the crank.

I'd say YES!!

Steve

FFR #8305
IRS, Levy Stage 4 347
Levy Super Alloy T5 Trans
EFI, 3.27 Rear, Wilwood Brakes
17x9" Front; 17x10.5" Rear Halibrand Wheels
255/40R17 Front; 315/35R17 Rear

Paint - Ford Magnetic Metallic Gray (J7) with Black Stripes
Painted by "da Bat"

Complete Kit Delivered 05/15/2014
Ordered Engine / Trans 09/09/2014
Got Engine on 08/28/2015
Got Trans on 11/20/2015
First Start on 08/14/2016
First Go-Kart 11/6/2016
Body On 2/3/2017
Titled and Registered 4/14/2017 as a 1965!!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-01-2019, 12:29 PM
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantacobra View Post
Hey guys. I'm running a stock looking 4.6L. Nice clean engine, but lacks the "Wow Factor" compared to the rest of the car.
Any advice or experiences with dressing these things up? Without looking cheesy, of course!

-Greg
You'll never get it to look right in this car. I just keep the hood down at shows. Tons of "Is that an original?" questions.
When the track guys ask "That's really quick, what engine is it?" I just tell them it's a little 281.

MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. PS, PB, ABS, TC.
GTM #304 525hp LPE LS3
2000 C5 Coupe 489HP LPE LS1
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
You'll never get it to look right in this car. I just keep the hood down at shows. Tons of "Is that an original?" questions.
When the track guys ask "That's really quick, what engine is it?" I just tell them it's a little 281.
As long as the engine bay is clean I still get a lot of complements. I have the same engine as you but it's dressed up a little. Lots of car guys love to guess that it's from a Mach 1. I just wish there was a nicer intake manifold. There is a company out of Australia that sells an 8 stack for the 4.6 DOHC that's pretty but it's $4k. I'd rather just hold off and put a coyote in IF I get bored with the power. Right now I'm at 300hp/320ft.lbs. at the wheels. Lots of fun.
Atlantacobra thanked this.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:02 AM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Intake Alternative

How about one of these?

https://www.blueovalindustries.com/1...en9045kit.html

And some new valve covers from here?

https://lmr.com/products/94-04-Musta...Dress-Up-Parts
Atlantacobra thanked this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands
First Start 05/23/2015

First GoCart 05/23/2015
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:08 AM

With the way the exchange rate is currently going, that pretty eight stack injection from Australia is going to cost you next to nothing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement