18" Tires - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
 1Thanks
  • 1 Post By SteveHsr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

18" Tires

I've decided to use Nitto NT01 tires. In the 18" size I need there are limited options.

275/35 with 245/40 (about 25.5" tall) [current FFR recommendation]
305/35 with 265/40 (about 26.4" tall)
315/30 with 245/40 (about 25.4" tall) [FFR says a MK4 can go to 315/35]

I like the look of the 315's but wasn't sue how they would perform when paired with 245's. Besides street use I plan on a couple of track nights and numerous auto cross events per year.

Thanks for your input. Dean

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MK4 #9191, Gen 3 Coyote, T56, 2015+ IRS, ABS, 12.88 Wilwood's, FFR Tubular Front LCA's, FFR Spindles, 18" FFR Hilabrands

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:59 AM

The 315/30 rear with 275/35 front is an option to consider. Perhaps you know, but should mention that the NT-01 is not a SCCA legal street tire in case you want to run CAM S. Options there (200 treadwear tires) are Goodrich Rival or Bridgestone RE 71r with the latter not available in 315 18s.

dhuff thanked this.

Mk3, 358 ci SBC NASCAR 9:1, tko600, Winters Quick Change, AP Racing Brakes, Coleman Spindles, Howe Hubs, Sweet mfg power R&P, Advanced Racing schocks, Fuel Safe.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 06:02 PM

FYI Rear: replaced NT05 10" with 12.5" (St Legal) not been on track with new tires. I purchased Mk4 for Cobra Club drives and show. Once I got the feel of 375wHP I had to set it up for track and won't go back.
Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:18 PM
FFCobra Craftsman

315 rears has been the standard rear tire forever. I can't imagine running anything smaller. On my old MkII I run 275 fronts and several friends do also on their MkIVs. But it takes a bit of care shaping the front fender flares at the front. The standard front is either 245 or 255. I see that NT01 doesn't have a 255. So you will have to go 245. You HAVE to stay w/ ODs in the 25.5 area as the 26.4 will really need to have the fender relieved.

FFR 5353K, 408W, TKO 500, 2015 IRS w/ 315 gear, Breeze QA1 DA coilovers front and rear, APE hardtop, Forte front swaybar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement