You can make a difference - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
 7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 11:52 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

You can make a difference

As many of the newer members of ffcars.com may not know, Jenny Smith has cystic fibrosis (CF). Jenny is the daughter of Dave Smith, owner of Factory Five Racing, and she is the reason the London Cobra Show conducts a Cobra raffle each year and donates the raffles net proceed to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Raising a child with cystic fibrosis is scary because CF affects many aspects of a child’s life. Keeping a child healthy and fighting CF takes a team effort and the London Cobra Show is just a small part of that team.

If each forum member would purchase a raffle ticket, in Jenny’s honor, this would allow the largest donation the London Cobra Show has ever made to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and might be what is needed to finally find a cure for CF.

To purchase your raffle tickets, please go to https://londoncobrashow.com/tickets

THANK YOU - YOUR TICKET PURCHASE WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE TO THOSE INDIVIDUALS LIVING WITH CYSTIC FIBROSIS.

Roy Edgar
Secretary

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Backdraft_3039_30_INCH.jpg (86.4 KB, 67 views)

Secretary - Ohio Cobra Club / London Cobra Show
My toy: #6028RD FFR Mark III, non- donor, black with maroon stripes and a Super Snake Hood. Engine build by "OHIO" George Montgomery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 02:47 PM

Just ordered. Thanks for posting.

I should have read the rules but do you have to be present to win?

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:37 PM

London Cobra Show

You do not have to be there to win but I will say it is a great weekend and the OCC does a nice job of it. Good people.

F5R6042 5.0 EFI T5 3.27 IRS Picked up kit 4/07. First start 6/08. Licensed and legal 11/08. Painted in 6/10. Waiting to finish the console before posting graduation pictures. My Dad and I are having a good time. It was fun to build but driving it is even better. Nearly 10,000 miles so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Scott:

No, you do not. If you are the lucky winner, you will receive a phone call around 9:30 pm on June 23rd. So please answer the call as it will be a phone number you do not recognize.

If you would like to read about how Jenny is doing go to https://londoncobrashow.com/news and you can read several articles about her.

Thanks for your support. I know Jenny does as well.

Roy Edgar

My toy: #6028RD FFR Mark III, non- donor, black with maroon stripes and a Super Snake Hood. Engine build by "OHIO" George Montgomery.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 04:54 PM

While one ticket will win it, why not improve your chances and buy more. I'll start buying my tickets when the car comes to the Toledo Auto Show next month and we sell tickets. I usually end up with ten tickets trying to swing the odds in my favor.

Don't stop at one. Let's make this a big check.

Scott
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 05:08 PM

Just ordered a raffle ticket. Thanks for posting!!

Steve

FFR #8305
IRS, Levy Stage 4 347
Levy Super Alloy T5 Trans
EFI, 3.27 Rear, Wilwood Brakes
17x9" Front; 17x10.5" Rear Halibrand Wheels
255/40R17 Front; 315/35R17 Rear

Paint - Ford Magnetic Metallic Gray (J7) with Black Stripes
Painted by "da Bat"

Complete Kit Delivered 05/15/2014
Ordered Engine / Trans 09/09/2014
Got Engine on 08/28/2015
Got Trans on 11/20/2015
First Start on 08/14/2016
First Go-Kart 11/6/2016
Body On 2/3/2017
Titled and Registered 4/14/2017 as a 1965!!
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-26-2018, 05:52 PM

It's such a good cause and I have never purchased raffle tickets before so I'm thinking I'm going to be the lucky winner; I just ordered several. I'm looking forward to that 9:30 AM call

King
Coyote build
Roadster 8127, Ordered 7/12/13, received 9/11/13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 01-27-2018, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

A few make a difference but many would be better!

A BIG thanks go out to the following forum members for purchasing raffle tickets in Jenny Smith's honor: Joel, Kevin, King, Richard, Stephen, Dean, Joseph, Scott, Robert, and Dan.

This past fall, Jenny started her freshman year at St. Anslems College in Manchester New Hampshire. She hasn't decided on a major yet but is enjoying the first year of college tremendously.

Jenny's health had taken a step backward as is common for many CF kids the first semester of college and away from their homecare routines, as she had to spent Christmas break in the hospital for some IV antibiotic therapy to try to knock down a nasty infection. She finished off the therapy at home as her mom is a registered nurse and able to do IV meds at home. Following the hospital stay, she gained some good points on her pulmonary function tests and returned to college for her second semester.

Jen looks forward to attending this year's London Cobra Show and sends her thanks to all that purchase raffle tickets to help raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.

Roy Edgar
Secretary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018 Raffle Car Engine Resized.jpg (95.4 KB, 24 views)

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 07:30 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Story On How Your Raffle Ticket Purchases Are Helping!

Another BIG thanks go out to the following forum members for purchasing raffle tickets in Jenny Smith's honor: Jose, Irwin, and Keith. I am surprised that only 13 forum members have purchased raffle tickets in honor of Jenny Smith. HEY! You might also win the beautiful indigo blue with white stripes Cobra replica as well.

Please read the message below from a young man that has cystic fibrosis and find out how the CF medicine ORKAMBI is helping him live an almost normal lifestyle. We are proud that our past LONDON COBRA SHOW donations aided in the development of ORKAMBI. Your purchase of a LONDON COBRA SHOW raffle ticket will be greatly appreciated as each year the raffle’s net proceeds are donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and designated for research into developing new medicines to fight CF.

When ORKAMBI was released into the open market, I started taking the medication soon after, and its effect on me has been nothing short of staggering. Prior to ORKAMBI my health was constantly in flux with many long and difficult hospitalizations, and I struggled as my own lung function and well-being slowly declined. Life before ORKAMBI was defined by a horrible, omnipresent fear of my next hospitalization.

When I went on ORKAMBI I wasn’t prepared for what was about to happen. The medication provided a shocking amount of relief. I went from getting seriously sick every six months, like clockwork, to only getting mildly sick about once a year. Now, it has been over three years since I was admitted to the hospital. The fear that I had been saddled with for so long, that unnerving, always-present fear of going back into the hospital, has since faded into the background.

I now live an amazing life. I have a wonderful, beautiful fiancé that I will be marrying in May of this year, I have a career (something many with CF do not get to have), and I am surrounded by many wonderful friends and family who have helped me on this journey.

The life I live is possible because organizations like the London Cobra Show with their Cobra raffle work to fundraise and spread awareness about Cystic Fibrosis. Fundraising has an honest, real benefit to the people living with this disease, and I sincerely thank you.

Alec Marshall
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alec Marshall and friend resized.jpg (177.8 KB, 25 views)

post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 05:49 PM

Garage
My sister had CF. My prayers go out to Dave, his daughter, and their whole family. I just bought 10 tickets and I hope everyone else will join in helping this cause that means so much to so many families in the world!

MK II, 410 stroker with a faceplated TKO with mid-shift. Vintage Wheels 15" Halibrand replicas with Billboards. Custom designed Aerospace Components billet brake system. Jeff "Da Bat" Miller custom paint. As seen on Street Outlaws, Chasing Classic Cars commercial with Wayne Carrini, Bad Ink on A&E, and several other commercial appearances. Yes my car is a camera whore!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Additional thanks to more raffle ticket purchasers

Another BIG THANKS to Keith, Irwin, Jorge, William, Wavy, Donald, Bob, Bill, Jack, Mike, Robert, David, Johan, Danial, Craig, Mel, Mark and Richard for purchasing their raffle tickets.

For others on the forum that would like to help, please go to https://londoncobrashow.com/tickets to purchase your tickets.

We just received some breaking news from the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. The FDA has just approved a new medicine - Symdeko - for certain individuals that suffer from CF. Hoping our 2018 donation will aid the foundation in developing more medicines in the near future.

Your support of the London Cobra Show's raffle will be greatly appreciated.

Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sxymdeko for ad - Copy.jpg (34.6 KB, 6 views)

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Well Used Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Edgar View Post
Another BIG thanks go out to the following forum members for purchasing raffle tickets in Jenny Smith's honor: Jose, Irwin, and Keith. I am surprised that only 13 forum members have purchased raffle tickets in honor of Jenny Smith.
Alec Marshall
When I purchased the tickets back in January, didn't know to put in Jenny's honor. Sorry. I'll do better next time.
R Edgar thanked this.

If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.

Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands,
Extra Stuff: SS Brake/Fuel Lines, Breeze cooling, battery mount, SS Roll Bar,
Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch
Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 12:42 PM
Senior Charter Member

I bought my tickets back in December.

Aaron

MK3.1, 347 CI, Holley 650 DP, Aluminum Flywheel, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, TKO500, 3.73:1 Rear Gears

No Heat, No A/C, No Power Steering, No Cruise Control, No Radio, No Carpet, No Frills --> Built for Fun
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 01:27 PM
Builder/Owner Wannabe

Bought mine back in November. After buying tickets for several years, Ohio Cobra Club emails me when tickets go on sale. That way I never forget to buy them.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Message from a proud father of twins with cystic fibrosis

Alyson and Andrea, 17-year-old twins who are living with cystic fibrosis, are committed to doing all they can to live longer and stronger lives. They stay active exercising, playing soccer, and running 5K’s and Half-Marathons. Just like Andrea and Alyson, there are approximately 30,000 people in the United States living with cystic fibrosis.

As a family, we realize that we cannot do what we do alone. We rely upon a team of persons working both behind the scenes and out front to combat this disease. The girl’s daily regiments consist of pills (more than 30 each), nutritional supplements, additional calories, 5 inhaled medications, 80 minutes on the Vest which provides vital air-way clearance, and rigorous huff-coughing – and that is all when they are healthy! These are the daily steps that help to make their lives longer and stronger. Their lung function continues to be maintained at near normal levels, and they continue to experience steady weight gain. Their daily steps, the advances in medications and treatments like Orkambi, the constant vigilance from their physicians and care team, advocacy at both a state and federal level for adequate health insurance access and coverage, and the support of family and friends have been essential in adding tomorrows to Andrea and Alyson’s lives.

The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and many partners like the London Cobra Show are relentless in its pursuit to find a cure for this dreaded and life-limiting disease. Our family has been active with the foundation ever since the girls were diagnosed 17 years ago. Dad continues to serve as a volunteer with the local CF chapter and Nationwide Children's Hospital’s Cystic Fibrosis Clinic and is a constant advocate in Washington D.C., as well as and at the statehouse for those living with cystic fibrosis. Alyson and Andrea joined the advocacy efforts this past year and were successful in helping to maintain their state-level coverage, BCMH.

Many folks ask what they can do to make a difference. As a family, we assure you that your past raffle ticket purchases have made a difference and your 2018 raffle ticket purchases will continue to make a difference. Andrea and Alyson have been the recipients of cutting-edge medications and treatments and for that, we are eternally grateful. We invite your continued support by making your 2018 London Cobra Show raffle ticket purchase today! Thank you in advance!

David Hoffman– A proud and thankful father

To help by purchasing your raffle tickets, go to https://londoncobrashow.com/tickets

Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alyson is on the left and Andrea Hoffman resized.jpg (98.4 KB, 18 views)

post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 08:40 PM

Thanks for bringing this back into sight. Donated to this fight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mk IV #9662 delivery 12/2017
Coyote Gen2, TKO 600, 3.55, Edelbrock TVS2650 Supercharger, ABS, Fast Eddies Hydro Electric power steering, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump with speed controller, fuel system (E85), Levy Billet front control arms, NRC Air Conditioner, 12.88 Willwood, Casey Designs dash, drop trunk, trans tunnel Lokar E-brake, RT turn signal, Breeze rollbars among other Breeze parts
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-17-2018, 11:16 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdad View Post
Thanks for bringing this back into sight. Donated to this fight!

Jason:

Thanks for the support, it is greatly appreciated.

Roy

post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 02:17 PM
Caress of Steel

Grabbed a couple of tickets for a great cause. I lost two of my siblings to CF. Did the NYC Marathon last year as part of Team Boomer, another great CF org.

; '11 Mustang 5.0 'vert; '93 Mustang SSP; '98 F150;
;

I'll give up my clutch when they pry it from my cold dead toes.
Si vis pacem para bellum.
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Campbell View Post
Grabbed a couple of tickets for a great cause. I lost two of my siblings to CF. Did the NYC Marathon last year as part of Team Boomer, another great CF org.
Thanks Joe and to Robert, as well.

The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is making great progress and hope to find a cure in the near future. Our 2018 LCS donation will help their research towards that goal.

Roy

post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Thanks Stephen.

Hope someone on the forum is the lucky winner of the beautiful Indigo blue with white stripes Backdraft Cobra.

Roy

post #21 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-18-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Edgar View Post
Thanks Stephen.

Hope someone on the forum is the lucky winner of the beautiful Indigo blue with white stripes Backdraft Cobra.

Roy
You're welcome. I bought one earlier and just got another one.

Steve

FFR #8305
IRS, Levy Stage 4 347
Levy Super Alloy T5 Trans
EFI, 3.27 Rear, Wilwood Brakes
17x9" Front; 17x10.5" Rear Halibrand Wheels
255/40R17 Front; 315/35R17 Rear

Paint - Ford Magnetic Metallic Gray (J7) with Black Stripes
Painted by "da Bat"

Complete Kit Delivered 05/15/2014
Ordered Engine / Trans 09/09/2014
Got Engine on 08/28/2015
Got Trans on 11/20/2015
First Start on 08/14/2016
First Go-Kart 11/6/2016
Body On 2/3/2017
Titled and Registered 4/14/2017 as a 1965!!
post #22 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 04:06 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Thanks Olen for your continued year-to-year support.

Roy

post #23 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Thanks, Jim for your purchase of raffle tickets early this morning.

Hope the lucky person is someone from this forum.

Roy

post #24 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 03:29 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Thanks Joseph, your 5 raffle ticket purchase is greatly appreciated.

Roy

post #25 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-23-2018, 03:33 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Thanks to Robert, Doug with a special thanks to Tom for their ticket purchases.

For those of you that that have not done so, this is an excellent opportunity to take a chance on WINNING a new 427 Backdraft Racing RT3 Cobra replica and to SUPPORT a great cause. Each year, our Ohio Cobra Club, a 501(3)(C) non-profit organization, sponsors the London Cobra Show and raffles off a Cobra replica at the conclusion of the show. The raffles net proceeds are always donated to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, with $1,228,500.00 having been donated over the years. These donations have aided the foundation in the development of Kalydeco (FDA approved in 2012), Orkambi (FDA approved in 2015), and Symdeko (FDA approved in 2018).

Your ticket purchase will be a WIN / WIN. Either you win a beautiful Cobra replica or your ticket purchase goes to directly help those with cystic fibrosis, such as Jenny Smith?

To purchase your raffle ticket and to honor Jenny with your support of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, please go to www.londoncobrashow.com/tickets

post #26 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-24-2018, 02:17 PM

Just ordered a ticket, thanks for posting.
post #27 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-26-2018, 11:53 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

A war inside my body

ALLI’S STORY…

My name is Alli Hile and I have a twin sister named Abbi. I am 17 years old and I have Cystic Fibrosis. Abbi does not. Thank you for what you are doing to raise money for this disease. I would like to tell you about my life with CF. When we were born we appeared to be very healthy babies. But, when Abbi and I were about 15 hours old, I started to have some trouble. I was moved to Nationwide Children’s Hospital and received emergency surgery. I was diagnosed with Short Bowel Syndrome and ultimately Cystic Fibrosis. I spent 116 days in the hospital – that time.

In the spring of 2008, my lung infections became worse and resulted in lung surgery to remove part of my right lung. After that, I only had to go to checkups and a few sinus surgeries for the next 5 years. I got sick AGAIN in the fall of 2013. I was back in the hospital for 8 days to get IV antibiotics and lots of therapy. CF just gets worse as I get older. I’m a competitive dancer and I hate when I am not feeling well and must take it easy. I’ve worked really hard since I was 3 to be on the competition team, and lots of time CF gets in my way.

I have a war going on inside my body. As new symptoms appear, old ones become worse. My medicine shelf has become a medicine cabinet. I take approximately 40 pills a day, do chest therapy and breathing treatments 3 or 4 times a day and I have to eat 3,000 calories a day. It’s exhausting! I desperately just want to be a “normal” teenager. I used to ask my mom, when would my CF go away? I know now that it won’t.

In August of 2015, I took my first dose of ORKAMBI. This was when everything changed. After just a few months, I gained weight and started to finally look my age. But the real moment for me was realizing one day that it no longer felt like someone was standing on my chest. I had no idea that I wasn’t REALLY breathing like the rest of the world. ORKAMBI changed my life. I’ve only had couple minor infections since starting the drug and haven’t had a hospital admission in over 4 years.

Today, I learned that I am a candidate for a new drug that is even more effective. I do not know what I would do without donors like the London Cobra Show or an organization like the CF Foundation. Thank you for making it possible for me to think about my future differently. CF is only going to be part of my story.

What’s next? Graduation, college, time with friends and of course…I’ll be dancing.

Alli

This story should make you purchase several raffle tickets.

Roy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Alli Hile Resized.jpg (49.3 KB, 11 views)

post #28 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 01:53 AM

Thanks for sharing

Mk IV #9662 delivery 12/2017
Coyote Gen2, TKO 600, 3.55, Edelbrock TVS2650 Supercharger, ABS, Fast Eddies Hydro Electric power steering, Aeromotive Eliminator fuel pump with speed controller, fuel system (E85), Levy Billet front control arms, NRC Air Conditioner, 12.88 Willwood, Casey Designs dash, drop trunk, trans tunnel Lokar E-brake, RT turn signal, Breeze rollbars among other Breeze parts
post #29 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 02:49 AM

thanks for the reminder

joined you club
signed up 5 people for the show.
and ordered 5 tickets
anything else I can do?
can't wait to be there.

The Traveling Builder
717-599-9232 Wanda for scheduling

post #30 of 45 (permalink) Old 03-27-2018, 04:46 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by M DOUGHERTY View Post
thanks for the reminder

joined you club
signed up 5 people for the show.
and ordered 5 tickets
anything else I can do?
can't wait to be there.
Since you asked - yes, get a whole bunch of other people to do the same.

Know you can do it Mark. HA!

Roy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement