• 1 Post By d_gatorfan
  • 1 Post By bad moose
  • 1 Post By phileas_fogg
  • 1 Post By dward411
  • 1 Post By luey2009

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 12:43 AM Thread Starter

WeatherPack Removal Tool

There are weatherpack connections on the front and back for the Ron Francis wiring harness. The front is the small weatherpack connections while the back is the large ones.

I have the removal tool for the large connectors. Is there a similar one for the small connectors? I put the front wiring for the turn signal and headlight together before the body was put on, and now I need to remove the connectors!!

An option is to just cut the wires and put on butt connectors, but that won't be as pretty!!

Thanks.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Small_Connector.pdf (23.8 KB, 52 views)
File Type: pdf Tools.pdf (84.2 KB, 54 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 AM

The smaller one is called a metripack, there is a similar tool, it is pretty small.

swwebb10 thanked this.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:12 AM

Straighten a paperclip. Then slide it in the top notch and push the lock down and slide the pin out the back. It'll take a little patience but they will go. It may help to slide the pin forward and then push the paperclip in.
swwebb10 thanked this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 03:27 PM

I used the smallest jeweler's screwdriver I had. It provides a bit more "beef" than the paperclip.

John
swwebb10 thanked this.

MK IV Roadster #8631
Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

I tried a paper clip as well as small eye glasses screwdrivers, and they didn't seem to work. I'll try again as well as search for a metripack.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:45 PM

I used a sewing needle. It was a little smaller than a paper clip and worked better for me.
swwebb10 thanked this.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

That is on my list as well!

Steve
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 08:18 PM

I use this tool. lisle 14900. available at most auto parts stores
swwebb10 thanked this.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 03:09 AM

Ok, stupid question time. Did you remove the blue lock on the back of the connector? Not trying to offend, just trying to help. Slip a screw driver under the clips and remove that first. You'll then slide the paperclip or jewelers screw drive in the top keyway and find the lock on top of the pin. I've removed the pin with a paperclip for years before getting the tool. If you still want the tool send me a pm.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 05:57 AM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Send a message via AIM to CJBergquist
Google metri pak and look at the images. You will see how the paper clip depresses the clip and allows the terminal to be pulled out. Here is what I found.

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad moose View Post
Ok, stupid question time. Did you remove the blue lock on the back of the connector? Not trying to offend, just trying to help. Slip a screw driver under the clips and remove that first. You'll then slide the paperclip or jewelers screw drive in the top keyway and find the lock on top of the pin. I've removed the pin with a paperclip for years before getting the tool. If you still want the tool send me a pm.
There was no blue lock on the back of the connector for the small ones - they are only on the large ones in my wiring harness.

I ordered a tool just because. I used a hat pin to get the connectors out but I'm dangerous with something that sharp and that bends pretty easily!!

Steve
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:00 AM

https://www.metripack.com/ This may help a bit. Pray it is not a pull to seat. Those suck to figure out, I still have troubles with those. You will work those from the back and push the wire forward.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:55 PM

All the connectors I fooled with were like the one in the picture Chris found; I didn't find any that pulled to seat.

John

MK IV Roadster #8631
Ford 302, Holley Terminator EFI, T5z, 3.55 Rear End, IRS, 17” Halibrand Replicas (9” front, 10.5” rear), Nitto 555 G2’s (275/40ZR17 front, 315/35ZR17 rear), Fast Freddie’s Power Steering, F5 Wilwood Brakes, FFMetal’s Firewall Forward, Forte’s Hydraulic Clutch & Throttle Linkage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement