Forte's Parts Connection - Page 2 - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
 6Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 10:21 AM

Garage
Not a good experience with Mike

Unfortunately I have NOT had a good experience with Mike Forte. I sent list of parts I needed to put a 5 speed behind my new FE engine on his website. never got a response. I sent an e-mail to him him directly and did get a response but it was (mildly put) incomplete. after going back and forth several times I finally I sent him an email to start over telling him what I was doing with my car and requested a quote for all the parts I needed to finish this project i.e.; transmission, bell housing, clutch, etc and after that never did get a response.
I was ready and willing to order everything from him to make sure I had all the matched parts I needed but quite honestly the dialogue I got back made me think he was drunk.
the treatment I got was poor and unprofessional.

So many people speak highly of him and I struggle to understand why he blew me off the way he did.

I cannot and will not recommend Mike Forte.

Awesome wife, Great Job and cool toys...... God is good!!
Graduated July 2009
331 CID, Twisted wedge heads, E303 cam, 1.7:1 roller rockers, Mass-Flo injection, Aluminium rad, Ceramic coated headers & pipes, (Soon to install a stroked dual quad 437 FE with a TKO600 transmission), Breeze drive shaft, 3 link, powder coated frame, heated sport seats, Motorsport 1.75 turn power rack, power brakes, 295/50R15 rear tires, 235/60R15 fronts with Halibrands from Whitby's, March pulley's, 3.73 rear diff and Motorsport rear diff girdle and much more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobravii View Post
Unfortunately I have NOT had a good experience with Mike Forte. I sent list of parts I needed to put a 5 speed behind my new FE engine on his website. never got a response. I sent an e-mail to him him directly and did get a response but it was (mildly put) incomplete. after going back and forth several times I finally I sent him an email to start over telling him what I was doing with my car and requested a quote for all the parts I needed to finish this project i.e.; transmission, bell housing, clutch, etc and after that never did get a response.
I was ready and willing to order everything from him to make sure I had all the matched parts I needed but quite honestly the dialogue I got back made me think he was drunk.

So many people speak highly of him and I struggle to understand why he blew me off the way he did.

Not to start a bun fight but I've always had pretty good services from Mike, Mark and all of the vendors on the forum. I usually call them though. May take a call or two but I always get a call back and get the opportunity to discuss what I'm trying to do and get some free advice. Just my 2 cents. Scott

FFR #3870 MK II, Spectra Blue/Arctic White, 1974 414W, 10:1, Eagle 4340 crank and rods, KB Pistons, Ported Performer RPM 2.02 heads & intake, QFT SS-650, Comp XR282HR, Quality Roadsters pan, Crane ignition, TKO600, 3.55 gears, 3 link, SA QA1's, Breeze LCA's, Heim joints & VPM F/R bars, Power steering with Hiedts valve, Power brakes, Fortes bump steer kit, 5 bolt axels, SSBC rear brakes, Oil cooler, Pusher fans, Halibrand Cobra III's with Nitto NT555 G2 245/285/17
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-02-2017, 03:20 PM

Yeah, I'd agree with Johnny that calling is going to be your best option. I posted a question here specific for Mike yesterday just in the off chance Mike stops by and sees it, but I know I'm probably going to be giving him a call Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

I'm sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobravii View Post

Hi,
I guess iI let you down on your parts list. I am sorry for that. I do the best I can for thousands of people over the years. Reading a message like this is disappointing in many ways. First is I like and strive to help everyone. That said I can't please everyone. Sales is everything that goes hand in hand with satisfied customers. I value customers before and after the sale and am available nights & weekends.
A few question?
Did I not supply parts paid for?
Was I dishonest?
Or did I not get back to you on a quote? If so is that good reason to trash my name and business?
If you feel like calling, I'm available 7 days a week....

BTW, I never drink at work and was most likely overwhelmed at work. That does happen especially when this is a technical parts business and finding good help has proven to be impossible.

Mike Forte
Forte's Parts Connection
40 Pearl Street
Framingham, Mass. 01702

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

508 875 0016

Instagram: @fortespartconnection

A REAL SPEED SHOP with parts, price & knowledge....
Est: 1981 selling & building performance parts to build your dream car...
FORD RACING & QUICKTIME DISTRIBUTOR. NEW 5 LUG AXLES & BRAKE KITS & NEW 8.8\" REAREND IN BOTH IRS & FOX AXLE.
post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-03-2017, 04:28 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Forte View Post
Hi,
I guess iI let you down on your parts list. I am sorry for that. I do the best I can for thousands of people over the years. Reading a message like this is disappointing in many ways. First is I like and strive to help everyone. That said I can't please everyone. Sales is everything that goes hand in hand with satisfied customers. I value customers before and after the sale and am available nights & weekends.
A few question?
Did I not supply parts paid for?
Was I dishonest?
Or did I not get back to you on a quote? If so is that good reason to trash my name and business?
If you feel like calling, I'm available 7 days a week....

BTW, I never drink at work and was most likely overwhelmed at work. That does happen especially when this is a technical parts business and finding good help has proven to be impossible.
So just to be clear, Mike did not rip me off in any way and he was not dishonest. But Mike, I came to you with an order that would have likely been in the 10K range (ok, that's Canadian but hey) and all I got was a recommendation for a clutch. I sent many e-mails really trying to deal with you because of your reputation. Maybe you didn't believe I was ready to buy, maybe you didn't want to deal with someone out of the country.... I don't know. I do know that I don't have time for that kind of service. I have already done the research and purchased most of the big parts elsewhere. I tried talking to you privately (e-mail) and I didn't get a response so that's why I posted my experience and now others know that they need to call you to get results. I work a lot of night shifts and odd hours so I really don't like phone calls. Ordering online is my friend. I truly believe you know what you are talking about and that you supply a good service/product. too bad it didn't work out in my situation. So the learning I got from this is that Mike responds well to phone calls. Something to remember for future customers for Mike.

Note to Mike; I am in management. If I am only getting positive feedback from my employees then I am only getting half the story and I don't really know the truth. Only when my guys can be honest with me is when I can make progress.

Cheers,
Larry
Mike Forte thanked this.

Awesome wife, Great Job and cool toys...... God is good!!
Graduated July 2009
331 CID, Twisted wedge heads, E303 cam, 1.7:1 roller rockers, Mass-Flo injection, Aluminium rad, Ceramic coated headers & pipes, (Soon to install a stroked dual quad 437 FE with a TKO600 transmission), Breeze drive shaft, 3 link, powder coated frame, heated sport seats, Motorsport 1.75 turn power rack, power brakes, 295/50R15 rear tires, 235/60R15 fronts with Halibrands from Whitby's, March pulley's, 3.73 rear diff and Motorsport rear diff girdle and much more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement