autowelds - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Junior Charter Member

autowelds

Has there been an improvement for the autowelds by any other manufacturer? I am tired of wheel hop. Recent recommendations is what I am looking for. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 12:54 AM
FFCobra Fanatic
FFCars Captain

Thumbs up

Improvements? I don't know. I installed "adjustable upper Auto-Welds"(brand name) controll arms in my MKI after I got rid of quad schocks to run bigger tires and to stop "wheelhop" Auto-Welds did the job, but they also stiffened up the ride(no tire rub on dips,ect). Just saying--
hth
Butch

PS
With the "Auto-Welds" and my M/T Drag radials, I could lift front wheels @ the drag strip.

Last edited by Butch B; 02-02-2016 at 01:00 AM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 01:59 AM Thread Starter
Junior Charter Member

Thanks, just checking on any updates is all. So tired of wheel hop.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 06:01 AM

X-2 on the autowelds. My Mk 1 is now rock solid.

Don H
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 02:22 PM
FFCobra Captain

The hardest part of installing the auto-welds is getting the rubber bushings out of the rear end.

Spend the money and get the bushing removal tool from Maximum Motorsports.
Rear Upper Control Arm Bushing Tool

It turns a difficult job into something very easy to do. With the tool, you can easily get them out with the car on jackstands.

Dan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

FFR5857
349cu.in with Mass-Flo EFI, Edelbrock Performer Alum. Heads and other go-fast goodies
PS/PB/AC
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2016, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Junior Charter Member

Thanks for the heads up on those bushings. They can be a pain. In the past set them on fire and force out , literally. Not on this car !!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2016, 04:21 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinoonAZ View Post
Thanks, just checking on any updates is all. So tired of wheel hop.
Forgive me if I am wrong - I had "hop" also on hard launch, I moved the upper tubulars to the lower mounting hole - problem solved.
I started in the middle set of holes ( MK II )
I did have to make access panels in the rear bulk head to get the bolts in - just riveted plates over them for easier access if I ever need to move them again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement