Factory Five Racing Forum banner

help with registering 'Cobra' in Ohio

3K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bigblockbandit 
#1 ·
Hi guys, need some guidance. I have a Cobra I am selling and it has the SB100 tag and registered here in Calif. I have a guy, Ohio, who wants to buy the car...but wanted to know how to avoid the smog, etc...that we obviously do here with that SB100 number.
Can someone out there help? I appreciate it. Here is registered as 2006, build date, but SPCN..special construction vehicle.
thanks
fred z

#2 ·
All he needs are collector plates. No smog required for collector vehicles. To get collectors plates with this car you just have to own another car that is normally registered (his daily driver).

#3 ·
In most of Ohio we don't have smog testing. To the best of my knowledge, it should be pretty straight forward just a VIN number inspection for an out of state vehicle. I've done a lot of out of state, salvage title and assembled vehicles over the years but admittedly not an assembled title from Cali

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.