Sammio Cordite - Triumph Spitfire 1500 based kit - Page 24 - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
 7Thanks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #691 of 774 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

WIS89 – Cheers Steve.

The good news is that I am definitely on the home stretch now, but the bad news is that Autumn/Fall has arrived.

So I now have leaves starting to appear on my ‘garage’ floor.

And my garage ‘roof’ looks like this.

So I am just chipping away at the car when I can line up my spare time with dry weather.

When flatting back, the first coat of yellow on the nose was too thick in some places and too thin in others.

Plus, I ended up with yellow specs of dust all over the place.

I’ve also made some progress on the rear corner of the driver's side.

So whilst progress is slow, at least it is sure.

Until next time, take care, Paul.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 774 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 06:54 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Getting There – Part 1
Progress has been very slow since my last update due to a combination of ‘real’ work & weather.

So one day I just had to take a chance:
- I got up before dawn.
- Added an extra coat of yellow to the nose at first light.
- Then left the front end of the car uncovered all day while I went to work.

Thankfully, it didn’t rain and although it was dark when I got home, I could just pull the covers back on.

On other days, I’ve been going around trying to fix various problems with the BRG.
( Mainly areas where the sanding down had exposed the primer underneath. )

Here are just a few examples to get the general idea.

Which, obviously, lead to yet more rounds of flatting back.

I then reached the point where ‘enough was enough’, as I was way past diminishing returns now.

The harsh fact is that painting outside is not easy in the Autumn/Fall.

But, more importantly, I don’t need a perfect finish anyway and faults in the paint are OK.

As I’ve never wanted to build to a ‘Concours d'elegance’ standard and the ‘lived in’ ex-racer look works for me.

With the difficult decision to stop fixing problems made, I could start the final cycle of work…

Peeling off all the tape from the bonnet nose started well enough.

But I was left some sticky residue and paint ‘bleeds’ to deal with in some areas.

It took quite a bit of effort to clean everything up, but it was well worth the effort.

End of Part 1…

post #693 of 774 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 06:56 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Getting There – Part 2
Then I started the final rounds of flatting back.

It got harder to spot the sanding work as the grit level got higher/finer.

Then I used some cutting compound and a polishing machine.

I should point out that after each of the stages above, the car was cleaned.

I should also point out that by this stage of the day, the clouds over head were making me feel a little nervous.

But I just had to keep pushing forward and hope for the best.

So the polish went on next…

Which left me with a finish that doesn’t look out of place on an ‘old’ car.

Note: The daylight was fading by this point, so I will try to get some better photos at the weekend.

I still need to follow all these steps for the trunk and headlight rims at some point.

But that is all for now, so until next time, take care, Paul.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 774 (permalink) Old 10-12-2017, 03:39 PM
FFCars Captain

Garage
Looking GREAT Paul!

I think the finish looks very race-car appropriate for your build. BRG & Yellow = British Classic!
post #695 of 774 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 05:53 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

MPTech – Thanks.

I am actually quite surprized at what a difference the yellow band around the grille makes.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

One Step Back, But More Steps Forward
It was already getting dark by the time I had finished the polishing the car in my last update.

So I was really looking forward to seeing the paint in daylight.

Unfortunately, when I removed the covers I found a 'tiger stripe' effect all over the place.

This was so hard to take, that I spent some time just wandering around the car in a bit of a daze, absolutely gutted.

This was early on Saturday morning.

But it was late Sunday afternoon before I found a pool of water in one corner of the passenger floor.
( From a leak in the car cover. )

Absolutely no idea how long that has been there, as it was hidden by the dust sheets covering the seats.

But the combination of rain outside and standing water inside has caused ‘damp’ under the covers messing up the paint/polish.

Despite this HUGE set back, I decided to dust myself down and push forward to get the car back on the road.
( I will come back to fixing the paint/polish problem another day. )

There were lots of little jobs to do, including treating the leather hood straps.

Fitting the gas cap.

All the holes in the bodywork needed to be drilled/cleaned where they had been part filled with paint.

Funny now little things like finally removing the newspaper from the dash lifted my spirits.

Hood straps and Union Jack badges.

Hood locks.

Rear number plate light, number plate & fog light/reflectors.

End of Part 1…
post #696 of 774 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 05:55 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

One Step Back, But More Steps Forward – Part 2
I cleaned up the holes to mount the headlights.

And fitted the headlight bowls on both sides.

Then did the same thing for the front indicators / turn signals.

Then lots of shiny bits went on.

I’ve made a start flatting back the bracket for the screen that sits in front of the rear view mirror screen.

So once that is done I can finish off that section of the car.

As well as working on the ‘sunny side’ of the car, I was also crawling around underneath it.

Where some of the damage caused to the trunk floor (when the car fell of the stands) was etch primed.

So it just needed a fresh protective layer.

It was hard to get a decent photo, but the trunk floor looks a lot better now.

I also topped up the yellow paint around the front edge of the hood opening.
( This is how I had to leave the car for the paint to dry while I went off to work. )

Last edited by Paul L; 10-23-2017 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Fixing photo link
post #697 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Still Chipping Away
My car time continues to be limited, but I am slowly ticking off the jobs on my “To Do” list.

The trunk lid and headlight rims got the same final flatting back, cutting & polishing treatment that the body shell had.

Before I could clean out the fixing holes and re-fit the 'furniture'.

In related work, I had finished sealing the damaged areas on the underside and inside of the trunk floor.

I also gave my dented silencers a quick polish.

Before fitting them.

The back end of the car was slowly coming together and fitting the trunk lid made a big difference.

Unfortunately, the fading daylight generated some funny shades of green in this photo.

If I was being brutally honest, the panel gaps around the trunk lid have got worse since I started painting.

But I can live with trivial things like that, as the most amazing thing is that this area has turned out so well.

As looking at it now, it is hard to believe all the work involved:
- Second aero hump added
- Trunk lid cut out
- Countless hours spent making the trunk lid actually work
- The rear body shell was cut and widened in two places
- Both wheel arches were reshaped
- Cut outs for tail pipes made and added
- Plinths for number plate and rear lights
- Etc.

End of Part 1…
post #698 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Still Chipping Away – Part 2
By this stage, I’d also fitted the aero screen for the rear view mirror.

Whilst painting the 'big washer' for this screen was a real pain, it has worked out very well.

Then it was time to see if I could restart the engine after the much longer than expected break.

With the car still on blocks, I need some steps to climb in the driver's side.

I took the fact the ignition lights came on as a good omen that the battery cut off switch was doing its job.

But there was absolutely no sign of the engine even attempting to fire up when I first started turning the key.

However, I tried to be patient, as I knew the fuel line would be empty and it would take a little while.

But there was still no sign of life and I was beginning to wonder if I would end up draining the battery.

In fact, I was just about to stop when there was the first glimmer of hope from the engine.

So I waited a few seconds and tried again, sure enough the engine burst into life and a HUGE grin appeared on my face.

I stayed in the car until it was idling nicely with no choke, before I got out to take this photo.

Unfortunately, the blur of the fan blade is the only sign of life.
( And yes the whole engine bay car needs a good clean too. )

This really was a moment of deep joy and I could instantly feel my personal motivation being recharged.

The temperature gauge showed signs of life, but I'm either low on fuel, or the angle of the driveway is messing up the reading.

Either way, I will get some fresh gas in a can and top the tank up before I drive to the MOT.

Other small jobs included masking off the body shell extension area.

Before adding some Tetroseal.

Removing the tape left me with a nice join between the BRG and the Black.

By the time this was dry enough to get the covers on, it was already dark outside.
( So apologies for the fact the photo is so poor. )

End of Part 2…
post #699 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-02-2017, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Still Chipping Away – Part 3
The last little job to cover in this round of updates was fitting the headlights.

It took me ages to get the headlight rim into the correct position, but it was worth the effort.

Note: I was happy for the paint to be rubbed off the small 'lump' at the top of the headlight rim.

Unfortunately, when I got to the passenger side I discovered I had lost one fixing screw from here.

So that side will have to wait until I can find a suitable replacement.

In the meantime, I’ll leave you with this hint of what the finished front end will look like.

PS
I know I am a few days late, but here was out family efforts for Halloween.

CDXXVII thanked this.
post #700 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

CDXXVII – Cheers.

Getting Closer – Part 1
Despite the weather and daylight turning against me, I am still making steady progress, so lots of small jobs to report.

After a LOT of searching I managed to find two screws that matched the thread of the missing headlight rim one.
( Even though the ‘new’ screw was slightly longer, there was enough clearance to use it. )

Which allowed the headlight on the passenger side to be fitted.

I taped up the inside of the hood opening so I could touch up the yellow paint on the inside edge.

Unfortunately, the car is still on blocks and the hedge (/garage wall ) prevents me getting a head on photo.

So this is the best photo I can get to show the front end of the car coming together nicely.

Regular readers of this build will know that I have experienced the odd set back along the way.

Well, the latest ‘challenge’ came when I tried to fixed the grille into place...

I had two problems:
- In some areas the fixing screws were loose as they wouldn’t ‘grip’ the bodywork.
- In other areas the grille was very secure, but this created a new problem…

Yes, the pressure of the individual ‘bars’ of the grille pressing against the edge of the opening chipped off the paint.

Then, to rub salt into the wounds, I spotted where the tarpaulin had messed up the fresh paint at the bottom edge.
( Clearly the colder weather outside meant the fresh paint hadn’t fully cured by nightfall. )

Thankfully, I discovered this when my car time had run out for the day.

So I could simply pull the covers back on and walk away rather than get upset or frustrated.

It was a while before I came back to this and started again by removing the grille.
( Which I will now bond into place to ensure there is no direct pressure on the edges of the hood opening. )

Then it was back to sanding back the yellow mess.

Unfortunately, the photo is blurred, but the tarpaulin damaged areas are now a lot smoother.

And the chipped areas are ready to get a touch up this with some more yellow at some point.

End of Part 1…

post #701 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Getting Closer – Part 2
Another builder was kind enough to send me some original Lucas rear lights with glass covers.

But their fixing holes were slightly narrower than the plastic rear lights I had been using.

Therefore, I need some big ‘washers’ to use inside the bodyshell to secure the lights in place.

This involved cutting out some aluminium and setting up my 'work bench' ready for drilling.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a hole saw drill bit the right size.

So, I cut the hole smaller and then enlarged it with a hand file.

Eventually, I had all four washers done.

Then I needed to take the wired up connection plugs from the old rear lights…

And graft them to Lucas lights, which also had different fitting just to make things interesting.

I just took my time and, eventually, I had all four lights wired up, tested and ready to go.

I then drilled the new fixing holes in the bodyshell for the lights.

Excuse the poor photo, but, as expected, there wasn't enough bodywork to play with.
( You can see how much further out the original two fixing holes were by comparison. )

Hence the need for the big washers to sandwich the lights into position.

Just to given you an idea of the joys of working outside in November…

I started drilling just as the sun was setting and the temperature was dropping.

But by the time I finished drilling, I was now working by street light and getting very cold.

Which meant there was no chance of getting a decent photo of all the lights in place.

End of Part 2…
post #702 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 09:06 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Getting Closer – Part 3
Here is an old photo of how the back end looked before with my previous, plastic, rear lights.
( With one of those VW Golf SUVs for a size comparison. )

And this is what is looks like now and I am a very happy boy indeed.

With the car really starting to look the part I needed to do something about my wheels.

As they have been stored at the bottom of my garden under a tarpaulin for months now.

So they are not looking there best to say the least.

Thankfully this is nothing a good scrub can’t fix.

Plus, some significant quantities of tyre/tire black.

I still need to polish the wheel itself, but the first one is almost done, with three more to do.

Hopefully, weather permitting, I will be back on the road before the end of the month. < Touch Wood >

So until next time, take care, Paul.
post #703 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 03:22 PM
FFCars Captain

Garage
Excellent work Paul, keeping chipping away at it and the big problems will become smaller and smaller.
The new tail-lights look great and the cleaned up wheels and tires will really set the whole car off!
Looks like an Iconic British Roadster/Speedster, ubber cool! Wish I could see it in-person. You've done a fantastic job, especially given where you came from with it originally.
post #704 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

MPTech - Thanks.

At the lowest points of this build I would not have believed how well the car has turned out.

So I'm going to skip the last few jobs and cut straight to the chase...

Back on the road
Yes, I took the car for it MOT (UK roadworthiness test) yesterday and it passed.

So here are a few photos taken today with the sun shining (although it was pretty cold out).

Although, I keep saying this, but one day I will remember to straighten up the suspension after I climb out.

Also, due to the fact I made a mess of applying the roundels, I've only got a number on one side at the moment.

Despite the fact that Christmas is now just around the corner, I will try to use the car as much as I can over the Winter.

So until next time, take care, Paul.
post #705 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 04:16 PM
FFCars Captain

Garage
Not sure how adjustable your suspension is, but I'd recommend finding a club or shop that can do a corner-scale balance. It will handle / stop better and be safer for your cruising pleasure.
post #706 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-19-2017, 06:52 PM
Unconventional Builder

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPTech View Post
Not sure how adjustable your suspension is, but I'd recommend finding a club or shop that can do a corner-scale balance. It will handle / stop better and be safer for your cruising pleasure.
My thoughts exactly, can you also get the rear end centered under the body?

]Donor $2,500 -Kit $18,000 -Extra "needs stuff" $100's -$1,000's
300+hp tagged race car PRICELESS !! Best ET 12.14 @ 113 mph N/A*** SOLD 4/8/18 ***
Mk III #5294 -302 AFR 185 Heads, Comp cam 276, Levy Front and Rear control arms, 3-link, 3.55, 11" GT front and 11" Cobra rear brakes, SAI, UTC exhaust No More EFI: Now Quick Fuel 650

“It is not the giver of life that destroys human life. It is the receivers of life who do not live in the rational, honest way called for by the creator's behavioral law. Instead they live as they please and finally are forced to depart this life.” Richard W. Wetherill

YouTube Videos: AutoX
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Go Kart
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Pics:

post #707 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

MPTech & JoeE - Thanks gents, I will look into the corner scale balance.

There isn't much adjustment available in the rear suspension, as it is a 1980 car but a 1970s design.

Plus I need to put a few miles on the car to loosen up the rear end a bit, as it has been on blocks for most of the last six months.

The location of the rear wheel arches relative to the wheels is my own error.

As I re-shaped the arches before getting the rear wheels aligned, a text book schoolboy error.

Mind you, if you look closely, you will find quite a few symmetry issues which I have just learned to live with.

Cheers, Paul.
post #708 of 774 (permalink) Old 11-24-2017, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

A few more photos:
I got some replacement racing numbers that are a bit smaller than the original ones.
( In the hope they will be easier to fit over the contours of the cockpit sides. )

Thankfully, I had no problems with the numbers this time and the original was replaced on the passenger side.

Which was a good excuse to head out and take a few more photos.

It still looks like a small child when compared to the ‘grown up’ cars in the parking lot.

But every mile driven helps make all the effort worthwhile.

Cheers, Paul.
post #709 of 774 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Just in time…
I picked up a hacking cough and head cold at the start of December which kept me out a car with no roof.

Eventually I was feeling well enough for a quick blast on a very crisp Winter’s day.

The sun was shining, but it was only around 37 degrees Fahrenheit, with a real wind chill as well.

However, this was the scene outside today.

Therefore, there will be no more driving for me until all the salt/grit spread on the roads has been washed away.

So I'll leave you with this photo from the bottom of my back garden.

post #710 of 774 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Merry Christmas – Part 1
Just a quick (ish) update from me…

The same guy who sent me the Lucas rear lights sent me a matching pair of old Lucas reflectors.

The only problem was that my current reflectors are fitted with LEDs to double up as my fog lights.

So I had to reprofile both the LED reflector and the Lucas rubber mount so they matched.

There was only one small problem with this arrangement…

The extra layer of old Lucas rubber meant there wasn’t much thread to play with on the LED fixing bolt.

I then proceeded to make this small problem much worse…

By over tightening the nut and completely pulling the bolt out of the reflector’s plastic back.

As a temporary measure, I had to drill a hole in the reflector and hold it in place with a small nut and bolt.

Although, as expected, drilling a hole broke the LED circuit board and the light stopped working.

Note:
This is more about the legal requirement to have a fog light than any plans to drive in fog!

So I ordered another LED reflector, reshaped that as before and then tried very hard not to overtighten it.
( Excuse the poor photo, but I was working by street light yesterday evening when fitting this. )

End of Part 1…
post #711 of 774 (permalink) Old 12-24-2017, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Triumph Swordfish 1500

Merry Christmas – Part 2
When it has not been snowing, raining or foggy, I have been out and about…

I did get one crisp winter’s day, which gave me this 'arty' shot as the sun was setting.

So that just leaves "One more sleep 'til Christmas."

Merry Christmas Everyone, take care, Paul.
post #712 of 774 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 09:13 PM
FFCars Captain

Garage
Paul, didn't know if you saw this post, but I immediately thought of your build! Very cool car like yours
1957 Falcon MKII

might give you some ideas for future upgrades (you know you're not done building yet, right? )
post #713 of 774 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

MPTech - Thanks for the link.

I've just come back from a short family vacation and am slowly catching up.

It is good to see that my car does resemble original cars from that era.

There is definitely a list of upgrades for my car, which include:
- Tonneau cover.
- Headrest 'pads' for the aero humps.
- Side mirror plinths to improve rear vision.
- Some alloy panelling inside the cockpit.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Happy New Year!
Here are some photos I took on 1st January before we went on vacation.

I also took this size comparison photo while I was there.

Given the snow and icy cold weather that has just hit the East Coast of the US, I wont mention it was a bit 'fresh' out while driving.

Hope you all have a great 2018.

Take care, Paul.
Forbye4 thanked this.
post #714 of 774 (permalink) Old 01-07-2018, 07:14 PM
Junior Charter Member

Cheers! Have a great 2018!

Mike, FFR 4263 MKII, Red/Silver, 331 and Loads of FUN!!!!
post #715 of 774 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Forbye4 – Apologies for the delay in replying, but cheers Mike.

January Update
The middle of Winter isn’t the best time for open top motoring.

Also, at some point I will have to sort out an oil leak / oil burning problem.

But for now, I just have to check / top up the oil on a regular basis.

To be honest, opening the hood still makes me smile knowing I made the hinges myself.

Although, it does reminds me that inner front wheel arches are on my ‘To Do’ list.

As there is mud everywhere.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m still enjoying driving the car even in the cold weather.

But I am really looking forward to the Summer months.

post #716 of 774 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 03:21 PM
FFCars Craftsman

Paul-

Car looks great, even in the cold weather pics! I really enjoy reading how much you enjoy your car; it makes me smile every time.

I also think its funny how we never finish these cars, as I read your to-do list. I haven't yet told my wife that after I am done, I am not done. At least she will know where I am -- still in the garage!

Hoping for some warmer weather, as you are. Even though I am here in the South, I think I have grown a bot soft as I have gotten older.

I look forward to your next update! All the best...

Regards,

Steve
post #717 of 774 (permalink) Old 02-04-2018, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Triumph Swordfish 1500

WIS89 – Cheers Steve.

Thankfully, driving the car helps me re-charge my enthusiasm for tackling the remaining odd jobs.

As, unfortunately, the years spent struggling to build the car really took their toll on me in the end.

Mind you, I am also finding age is making me notice the cold a lot more that I did in my youth.
( I racked up almost 20 years on motorcycles in all weather, I was even dumb enough to ride in snow! )

But this was me earlier today.
( Just a couple of degrees above freezing and the exposed part of my face is COLD! )

All today's photos were extracted from my GoPro in video mode.

I have to work my way through some built up areas…

Before I finally get onto the open road.

I even tried another 'Italian Job' angle for a sequel to my first car video.

PS
I’ve got a long night ahead of me, as the SuperBowl doesn’t kick off until 11.30pm UK time.
I also have to sleep downstairs to avoid waking the rest of my family when the game finally ends.
( Which is at Silly O’Clock in the morning over here. )

Last edited by Paul L; 02-15-2018 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Typo
post #718 of 774 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Triumph Swordfish 1500

Short Sharp Drive
You know it is going to be a cold trip when there are still snowflakes on the car cover before you leave.

Don't let the sunshine fool you, the wind chill was biting on exposed roads.

Note:
The rear arch in the photo above highlights the 'milky' finish that has appeared on the paint.
This is something I will be tackling when the warm weather finally returns.

Mind you, I did like this ray of sunshine when I was filling up with gas.

And I still enjoy car parks.

Photobucket Ransom Demand
Like many on here, a large chuck of my build thread was infected (& therefore ruined) by this image.

So over the last few days I finally started the process of reloading photos and updating links.

I’ve only got as far as page 7, but that included over 370 photos, which has taken me hours to do.

Thankfully, I had only used Photobucket for the early stages of my build, but it is still a major pain.

So I hope someone, somewhere, is sticking pins in the [*Expletives*] at Photobucket.

But to end on a more positive note…

Going back through the early years of this build, it really is beyond belief that I have this car on the road.

The list of problems I had to overcome really was never ending and I went down a lot of blind alleys too.

Also, I can see how my welding, fibreglass & fabrication skills improved massively as the build went on.

So whilst I know the car is not perfect, I am still very proud of what I have achieved given the circumstances.

post #719 of 774 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 02:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
So whilst I know the car is not perfect, I am still very proud of what I have achieved given the circumstances.
And rightfully so!

FFR #7124 Mk 3.1, Levy 5 link, LCA's & brakes, 17" Halibrands, electric PS, SAI, Eibach springs, BOSS 427w, webers, hood louvers, tilt front. Delivered 12/23/09, 1st start 02/19/12. 1st go cart 03/03/12. Titled 10/3/12.

"I'm basing it on a collective interpretation of these particular cars. And whatever the hell I like". The Federalist Patriot

SL-C, LS3 525, Mendeola SDR-5. Titled 9-19-18
post #720 of 774 (permalink) Old 02-15-2018, 03:17 PM
FFCars Captain

Garage
Thanks for the amazing journey Paul. Wow! almost 5 years! Goes by fast doesn't it?
I think you're car turned out great, it's a wonderful experience to build then DRIVE your own build! Very rewarding. And talking to interested parties is always fun. Just curious, what have been some of the funniest things folks have guessed your car is?
I've had people guess my 427 roadster is a Corvette (multiple times), Austin Healy, MG, and even a Karman Ghia!
I was filling up at a gas station one time and got engaged with a guy that was just enamored with my car. After we talked a bit, I asked if he wanted to sit in it and I'd take his picture for him. He was almost speechless, then after he got out he almost shook my arm off thanking me. Little kids love them too and I'm amazed at how knowledgeable some little guys are.
Always fun, everytime I start it up! Hope you're enjoying the same experience.

BTW, recognizing how much your skills and knowledge have improved, just imagine how good your NEXT BUILD will be!!!

btw, if you're ever in the Midwest (or planning to), give me a PM, would love to catch up with you and introduce you to our club. (and let you drive a left-hander!)

Take care and keep us posted on your modifications!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement