Just got my SB100 number - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

1Thanks
  • 1 Post By CDXXVII

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 09:28 PM Thread Starter

Icon18 Just got my SB100 number

They gave me 2016219. I assume by that there's 281 left for the year.

Pro tip: Quote memo number VR-2002-25, it tells them exactly how to register a vehicle using SPCN. The lady at the counter had never done one before (supervisor also wasn't familiar) and was very grateful for highlighting the memo number, made her life 100x easier.

The whole thing was very quick and painless (apart from the taxes), took about an hour. Only hiccup was the SB100 number, at first the clerk was adamant that the temp license was all I needed. After she read the memo again realized they had to call Sacramento for the SB100 sequence.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Bruuce,

Congratulations on getting your sequence number! Just FYI, they aren't given out sequentially so there's no way to know how many are left.

Do you have a build thread?

David Hodgkins, AKA CNGreen

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Delivered 4/23/06.

. Plates! 1/2010 BatCave! 1/2012.
Featured Roadster, 2012 and 2013 Huntington Beach Cruise-In
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-14-2016, 09:41 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! I was so happy and surprised that it went so smoothly. Super nervous of something going wrong, me not filling something out correctly, or being refused registration for whatever reason.

No build thread, but thats a great idea. She's about 90% done at the moment.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-15-2016, 06:43 PM

Congrats! Can't wait to see it.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-18-2016, 11:33 PM

Congrats on registering it!
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-13-2016, 09:40 PM

Garage
That is a great day.... once you're done.
Hope to see/meet you at some of the local events.

Happy Wife... Happy Life

MK 3.1, IRS,Koni,Wilwood 4WDB,Wilwood pedals, Quick rel steering wheel, 500HP/427ci(351W)/TKO600 5sp,17" AR Cobra III
Still finishing... but I'm on the road

Currently in the stable:
2004 Nissan Titan 2x4
1965 MK 3.1 Roadster (427W/TKO600) Wilwood 4WDB
1968 Mustang conv 302/C4 (bought in 86') Project
1967 Mustang Fastback (1968 GT350 clone)
1966 Mustang GT Fastback
2001 Paint (1 HP)
In search of the next project. :D
Wifes
2005 Mazda 3 (has become my daily driver)
1999 Corvette conv (Her daily driver) What's wrong with this picture?
2007 Palomino (1 HP)
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 10:13 PM Thread Starter

So close! Finally got my VIN sticker from CHP today, then going into BAR Thursday for my SB100 sticker.

Officer flat out refused to place the sticker anywhere on the frame or chassis, told me it had to go on a non-removable part of the fiberglass. He wanted to place it between the drivers door and body but I managed to convince him to place it under the hood. Still not happy, just need to ensure it doesn't get painted over...

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 10:30 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Vin

Amazing how CHP works. My friend got a hard VIN plate with a unique number riveted to his frame next to the FFR frame number. My local CHP let me keep my FFR number and required no additional tag or sticker. Now you get a sticker with your FFR number on a very removeable part.

Gotta love California

F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands
First Start 05/23/2015

First GoCart 05/23/2015
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:10 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Chp

If it were me I think I would go back and dispute this. The sticker is right where your bulb seal goes. It will also be partially visible with the hood closed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuce View Post
So close! Finally got my VIN sticker from CHP today, then going into BAR Thursday for my SB100 sticker.

Officer flat out refused to place the sticker anywhere on the frame or chassis, told me it had to go on a non-removable part of the fiberglass. He wanted to place it between the drivers door and body but I managed to convince him to place it under the hood. Still not happy, just need to ensure it doesn't get painted over...

F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands
First Start 05/23/2015

First GoCart 05/23/2015
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2016, 11:49 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDXXVII View Post
If it were me I think I would go back and dispute this. The sticker is right where your bulb seal goes. It will also be partially visible with the hood closed.
I agree. That officer made a mistake. You HAVE to be vigilant with every step and every "official" you come into contact with. My advice to you is to contact Officer White with the Santa Ana Office and ask his advice:
(Field Office # 675) Santa Ana
2031 E. Santa Clara Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 567-6000

You should have the CHP match your frame and use it as your VIN ID.

Delivered 4/23/06.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hodgkins View Post
I agree. That officer made a mistake. You HAVE to be vigilant with every step and every "official" you come into contact with. My advice to you is to contact Officer White with the Santa Ana Office and ask his advice:
(Field Office # 675) Santa Ana
2031 E. Santa Clara Ave.
Santa Ana, CA 92705
(714) 567-6000

You should have the CHP match your frame and use it as your VIN ID.
Thanks! I'll give White a call. I spent a good amount of time trying to convince him to place it somewhere on the frame/chassis but wasn't having any of it. Gave me umpteen reasons he can't from 1) frame already has the VIN stamped, 2) what happens if the body gets stolen, no way to ID it w/o VIN, 3) I've already noted in the records where the sticker will be located, 4) this is how I've always done it, and so forth.

By the end i could tell he was losing patience and just bit the bullet.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 03:23 AM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Just a thought

You might just blow it off. My CHP confirmed my FFR number as my VIN number and did not give me any additional tag or sticker. All I have on the roadster is my FFR number stamped on the frame and that's it. If I'm not mistaken your sticker has your frame number.

I think you will be just fine with or without the added tag on the body. If the bulb seal covers it up then just leave it there. You could always pull back the bulb seal if needed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Engine Bay.jpg (240.9 KB, 111 views)

First Start 05/23/2015

First GoCart 05/23/2015
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 04:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
If I'm not mistaken your sticker has your frame number.
Correct! Same as my FF serial number which is already stamped on the frame.

Quote:
I think you will be just fine with or without the added tag on the body. If the bulb seal covers it up then just leave it there. You could always pull back the bulb seal if needed
Agreed, if they didn't reuse my serial number as the VIN I'd care a little more.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-20-2016, 05:20 AM
Tool Collector

Here are a few pictures of Bruuce's car. Pretty cool stuff, Coyote, TKO600 and FFR Wheels.

Frank
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-23-2016, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Received my SB100 sticker yesterday, best Christmas present ever. Inspection was done by Jack at Pierce College, really nice guy. Entertained me with stories of all the crazy vehicles folks have tried to register (e.g. jet powered car converted to run on diesel, Suzuki samurai converted to a boat).

Just need to drop off my all docs at the DMV in the new year and I'll be all set.

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 01:54 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Aside from your VIN sticker issue, yours went smoothly. Congrats! Mine was a nightmare. Mostly due to the inspector at the smog referee. He thought it was his job to protect the environment and refused to give me a smog sticker. He claimed my SB100 form was too old. WTF? Told me to get a new one and come back. I had to obtain a memo from Sacramento ordering him to accept my SB100 as Sac was not going to issue a second one for the same car. What a douche. Caused a total of six trips to the DMV.

Tom

FFR 4040 MKII, IRS, 347 TFS 11R 190 heads, Stack EFI with MS2, Super S pipes, Levy Super Alloy T5, Aluminum Flywheel, Ram clutch, 3.27 LSD, Cobra front brakes, Cobra R wheels, double hoops, driver FB mod, Kirkey Vintage 41 w/heaters, custom shifter/brake and cubby bezels.

If you didn't build it, you can't brag about it. Just sayin'.

post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 05:00 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by h82crash View Post
Aside from your VIN sticker issue, yours went smoothly. Congrats! Mine was a nightmare. Mostly due to the inspector at the smog referee. He thought it was his job to protect the environment and refused to give me a smog sticker. He claimed my SB100 form was too old. WTF? Told me to get a new one and come back. I had to obtain a memo from Sacramento ordering him to accept my SB100 as Sac was not going to issue a second one for the same car. What a douche. Caused a total of six trips to the DMV.
Where is this BAR station located?

Delivered 4/23/06.

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-24-2016, 06:05 AM
FFCars Craftsman

In San Diego, Miramar College. Even after seeing the paperwork and , I believe, calling Sacramento, he was visibly angry and begrudgingly issued my exemption sticker.

Tom

FFR 4040 MKII, IRS, 347 TFS 11R 190 heads, Stack EFI with MS2, Super S pipes, Levy Super Alloy T5, Aluminum Flywheel, Ram clutch, 3.27 LSD, Cobra front brakes, Cobra R wheels, double hoops, driver FB mod, Kirkey Vintage 41 w/heaters, custom shifter/brake and cubby bezels.

If you didn't build it, you can't brag about it. Just sayin'.

post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Tool Collector

Glad you got it Bruuce. Paint is getting closer and closer. Feels kind of empty in the shop with out your car in there. Enjoy your New Year!

Frank
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:53 AM

Hey guys: Peoples republic of commifornia member here also. I wanted to confirm a couple things with you before I go further. SB100 allows you to build it period correct to 1965 correct? Does this mean that I don't need cat's, and the only smog control i will need on the engine is the pcv? Pretty sure that's how I've read it but your guidance needed.

thanks
Duncan
post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:03 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Sb100

Closed loop PCV. PCV to intake from one valve cover. Breather to air cleaner from the other valve cover. Be certain to use the correctly marked hoses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncalope View Post
Hey guys: Peoples republic of commifornia member here also. I wanted to confirm a couple things with you before I go further. SB100 allows you to build it period correct to 1965 correct? Does this mean that I don't need cat's, and the only smog control i will need on the engine is the pcv? Pretty sure that's how I've read it but your guidance needed.

thanks
Duncan
duncalope thanked this.

First Start 05/23/2015

First GoCart 05/23/2015
Sponsored Links
Advertisement