I'm a bit behind in posting this notice but I have updated the BACCEVENTS Home
calendar for 2012.
Here's part of the email that was sent out, sorry for the formatting but you can visit BACCEVENTS.COM for current info as things change and are added daily/weekly/monthly
This email was sent out to everyone on the BACC mailing list (if your not on the BACC mailing list please go to the website and signup ..it's free)
This year marks the 50th anniversary of Shelby American. There are a number of events planned throughout this coming year to mark this special milestone and we can be part of celebration.
March 31 Central Coast Cobras BBQ Cruise to Lake San Antonio
• This is a day trip hosted by Central Coast Cobras which includes scenic drive BBQ and social gathering
April 20 50th Cobra Reunion Fairplex Pomona, Calif
• The Ford-Cobra-Shelby Reunion is a 3-day funfest for all Cobras, Ford and Ford-powered vehicles, including GT40s and Ford GTs as well as all Shelby vehicles. Event features include Open track racing on the historic Pomona road course, show & shine, and plenty of Cobras hosted at historic Pomona at the NHRA Motorsports Museum lots. A number of race celebrities will be in attendance as well as 2 King Cobras.
May 19 Central Coast Cobras Warbirds, Wings & Wheels Paso Robles
• One day event celebrating Vintage aircraft, military vehicles and race cars. http://www.ewarbirds.org/index.htmlProceeds
support the museum for restoration preservation of military aircraft, military vehicles and memorabilia to those who flew and worked on military aircraft.
June 1 to 3 BACC Wine, Waves & Beyond Pismo Beach
• BACC will return to Pismo Beach for a weekend of fun. Options abound with activities like ATV's on the dunes, Wine tasting in the scenic near-by Edna Valley sea food and more. We actually have 2 options on Sunday; you can kick back and relax in Pismo park at the beach with some classic VW's , listen to tunes and watch the surf contest while sipping a cool libation OR take a short drive to the Madonna Meadows at Madonna Inn, participate in the San Louis Obispo Concourse (don't worry we are welcome)
8 to 10 BACC Yosemite
• So you feel like driving and maybe the beach or concourse isn't your thing. Then how about cruising to Yosemite. This trip was a big hit last year so Mike & Reno will be leading the group up for a weekend in the most beautiful valley in the world.
17 North Bay Cobra Club Father's Day run to B.R.Cohn Winery
• Great way to spend Fathers Day cruise up the Sonoma backroads then kick back as Bruce Cohn (former manager of the Doobie Bros. and a big "car guy" hosts Cobras at his great winery. Details are still being worked out
24 Pony’s & Snakes Danville
• This annual show and shine bring cars from all over the area for a one day event at the Mercantile in Danville
July ?? BACC NorCal Tour de Vino y Formaggio (wine & cheese)
• Can you say "CHEESE"........... how about a little wine with that cheese? That's what we are planning as we get this new day (or 2) trip together. Still in the planning stages the general plan is to head to Sonoma to visit some the the artisan cheese companies ( there are over 18 in the area...who knew) and of course sample some fine wines from some of the areas wineries. Keep checking back for detail on this one.
14 to 15 Hot San Jose Nights car show
• Why go to Reno when you can go to San Jose and participate in what has become a fun weekend. This show has it all-show & shine, drive-in movie night, swap meet and even their version of American Idol
Aug. 3 Mini-Nats Infinion 50th Anniversary Shelby American
• Event is still being planned
17 to 19 Monterey "Historics" Marque: 50th Anniversary Shelby American
• The name pretty much says it all. We are working on securing corral parking for this event.
26 BACC North Bay Oyster Run (Tentative date)
• Oysters-Oysters-Oysters. Tentative day run up to Tomales Bay for some backroads and friends
Sept. 8 BACC Race & Rod Rolex Sports Car Series car show, races & more
• Day run to Laguna Seca for the Rolex sports cars series, the organizers have something special planned - for $35 (that's $5 over regular ticket prices you get enter into the "rods" car show, a goodie bag from Mothers, preferred parking in the vendor midway and parade laps. Definitely worth the price of admission
14 to 16 BACC Snakes to the Bay (Monterey)
• Details are being finalized for this new event. The weekend will be planned around the Monterey's "Cherry's Jubilee" weekend. This is a multi-venue event featuring cruise nights on the famous Canary Row, poker run, laps at Laguna Seca and lots of cool ride.
30 Nostalgia Days Car show Livermore
• If you have never been to the revitalized Livermore downtown this is your chance. This Altamont Cruisers event has grown into on of the premire car shows in the area. Featuring 600+ cars, the downtown street are shut down to make this a great event with plenty of cars, music and great food & drink for all that attend. By the way you can also sample some of the 50 wineries and back roads only minutes for the down town area.