Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Finally Pulled the trigger 50/50 sale is awsome

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  JoeE 
#1 ·
Finally put my order in last night!!!!! Talked to Courtine this morning to finalize all of my options. I took advantage of the 50/50 sale been waiting patiently for it to happen and loaded up with most of the options. I have been waiting 13 years to finally pull the trigger. I have been lurking on FFCARS.com forum for years on and off. Little about myself I spent 10 years in the Army serving with the 1st SFG (A) all ten years, and have been working in the unit as a contractor for the last 11 years. While I was deployed to Afghanistan in 04 I saw an ad in Mustang and Fast Fords at least I think it was that magazine, might have been another Mustang magazine. That’s when I thought I’m going to build one when I get back, well life got in the way and 14 years later I’m finally building my dream car. I had mixed emotions when ordering, I was nervous about spending so much money in one shot, but so excited about finally building one. I have been following Edwardb’s Coyote build religiously, what a great write up. So I am going down the same path as him, and hope to come out with as close of a high quality build he did. Here is my build plan. I plan on ordering the Coyote package through Forte’s Parts Connection, going with TKO600 along with his hydraulic clutch setup. I plan to use the stock Mustang gears ether the 3.31 or 3.55’s if I can find them. Brakes are going to be 04 Cobra 13” up front with stock 15 Mustang rear brakes both with upgraded rotors and pads. Using Whitby Motorcars Power Brake Kit, Complete along with Wilwood pedal assembly from them. My complete date is July 8 and scheduled with Stewart Transport for a delivery around the week of July 24. I can’t wait for the fun to begin and want to think all of you guys who have made building one look so do able. The forum has been so valuable to me already and will continually be referenced as I build my dream car. Oh color I plan to go with Ford Deep Impact Blue with Silver strips matching the Halibrand wheels.
Base kit
Powder coat frame
Body cutouts
Front lower tubular A arms
2015 IRS
Vintage gauges
Leather seats
Halibrand replicas W/NT555 G2
Wind wings
Sun visors
MK4 Floor mats
Assembled louver
Complete fuel system
Battery cutoff switch
Front sway bar
Rear sway bar 15 IRS
Wiring harness
Chrome roll bar
Roll bar grommet set
Leather Steering wheel
Coyote install kit
Heater Defroster
No 50/50 sale on these parts
Coyote Power steering system #16137
FFR MK4 spindle kit #14850
Radiator #14301
Headers full length

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks Brian, now its time to start cleaning up the garage and building a body buck.

#14 ·
Welcome

93's ?? aren't they 4 bolt? - Ideal spindles 94/95 dog legged.

A 3.31 rear gear with Coyote perfect I have 3.55 2nd runs out too soon. With 400 hp you will be just about right, 3.27 or 3.08s could work as well.

#12 ·
Must have read the same Mag

Hey Paul,

I was in Afghanistan in '04 also. I was at Bagram AFB with the A-10's out of Davis-Monthan. I too saw that same article and was hooked saying I would one day build one of these great cars. Well in November my dream true and my build began. See my build thread FF Rocket stories sound familiar. Once again congrats on the dream coming true. Also thank you for your service while in and what you still do for the Army. I have 4 year till retirement and will be driving that dream that started back in '04 freezing my A## off on the flightline.

Cheers,

Greg Allan

#18 ·
Yeah, wife said along time ago old guys with gray hair build those cars. I have some gray hair now so it was finally time. LOL :smile2:

#16 ·
Scott, yep Edwardb thread is like a build manual onto itself. Was a little intimidated with going the Coyote direction but after reading his 100% confidence now. Your build is very nice also. Beautiful pant you have, will be borrowing you paint scheme on the Coyote engine cover love the way it looks. Have been follow you on Instagram, very nice picks.

#17 ·
Allen, was also at Bagram AFB on camp Vance the SF compound Oct 04 - May 05. Did a lot of ring flights out of their to all the fire bases in the north. I got out in 06 and have been a maintenance lead contractor for the Special Forces group. We repair and rebuild all the special op vehicles, Polaris RZRs, ATVs, snowmobiles and a lot of other specialized equipment. Cold flight line for sure been there done that, who would of thought there would be snow in Afghanistan. Four years will go by quit for retirement. Wish I could of stayed in to retire but things happen and family comes first. Thank you for your service and continuing the fight.

#20 ·
Me, stock 302 T5 3.55 gear 2nd gear done about 63 mph at @6000 rpm, Cruise 65 mph @ 2200 rpm +/-.

#21 ·
Just an opinion, but I say let the coyote rev. It isn't a 302/331/347 which is done by 6k. The coyote happily revs to 7500+ with a tune, or 7200 without.
With a TR3650 (2.00 second gear), I hit the stock rev limiter at 71mph in 2nd, and 3rd runs out to 107mph. 3.31 gears would take it to 80mph in 2nd gear, and 121mph in 3rd (stock rev limiter). Those are some long legs.
I love my 3.73 gears. With NT01 tires, it pretty reliably hooks 2nd gear. Between gearing and traction, the 0-60 run is quick and can take down much more powerful/expensive cars.

#22 ·
Can't argue with that, at this point in the discussion it becomes personal preference.

There shouldn't be much on road that can come any where near you up through 2nd. The only street cars that take me at dragway Supercharged newer Corvettes, Shelby GT 500 supercharged and now Demons and Hellcats with drag radials. I really upset Porsche, Audi R8's and most Subaru STI guys on street. >:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.