Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Just got my SB100 number

2K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  CDXXVII 
#1 ·
They gave me 2016219. I assume by that there's 281 left for the year.

Pro tip: Quote memo number VR-2002-25, it tells them exactly how to register a vehicle using SPCN. The lady at the counter had never done one before (supervisor also wasn't familiar) and was very grateful for highlighting the memo number, made her life 100x easier.

The whole thing was very quick and painless (apart from the taxes), took about an hour. Only hiccup was the SB100 number, at first the clerk was adamant that the temp license was all I needed. After she read the memo again realized they had to call Sacramento for the SB100 sequence.

#2 ·
Bruuce,

Congratulations on getting your sequence number! Just FYI, they aren't given out sequentially so there's no way to know how many are left.

Do you have a build thread?

:)

#3 ·
Thanks! I was so happy and surprised that it went so smoothly. Super nervous of something going wrong, me not filling something out correctly, or being refused registration for whatever reason.

No build thread, but thats a great idea. She's about 90% done at the moment.

#6 ·
That is a great day.... once you're done. :D
Hope to see/meet you at some of the local events.

#7 ·
So close! Finally got my VIN sticker from CHP today, then going into BAR Thursday for my SB100 sticker.

Officer flat out refused to place the sticker anywhere on the frame or chassis, told me it had to go on a non-removable part of the fiberglass. He wanted to place it between the drivers door and body but I managed to convince him to place it under the hood. Still not happy, just need to ensure it doesn't get painted over...

#9 ·
Chp

If it were me I think I would go back and dispute this. The sticker is right where your bulb seal goes. It will also be partially visible with the hood closed.

#8 ·
Vin

Amazing how CHP works. My friend got a hard VIN plate with a unique number riveted to his frame next to the FFR frame number. My local CHP let me keep my FFR number and required no additional tag or sticker. Now you get a sticker with your FFR number on a very removeable part.

Gotta love California:devil2::devil2:

#12 ·
Just a thought

You might just blow it off. My CHP confirmed my FFR number as my VIN number and did not give me any additional tag or sticker. All I have on the roadster is my FFR number stamped on the frame and that's it. If I'm not mistaken your sticker has your frame number.

I think you will be just fine with or without the added tag on the body. If the bulb seal covers it up then just leave it there. You could always pull back the bulb seal if needed.

Attachments

#13 ·
If I'm not mistaken your sticker has your frame number.
Correct! Same as my FF serial number which is already stamped on the frame.

I think you will be just fine with or without the added tag on the body. If the bulb seal covers it up then just leave it there. You could always pull back the bulb seal if needed
Agreed, if they didn't reuse my serial number as the VIN I'd care a little more.

#15 ·
Received my SB100 sticker yesterday, best Christmas present ever. Inspection was done by Jack at Pierce College, really nice guy. Entertained me with stories of all the crazy vehicles folks have tried to register (e.g. jet powered car converted to run on diesel, Suzuki samurai converted to a boat).

Just need to drop off my all docs at the DMV in the new year and I'll be all set.

#16 ·
Aside from your VIN sticker issue, yours went smoothly. Congrats! Mine was a nightmare. Mostly due to the inspector at the smog referee. He thought it was his job to protect the environment and refused to give me a smog sticker. He claimed my SB100 form was too old. WTF? Told me to get a new one and come back. I had to obtain a memo from Sacramento ordering him to accept my SB100 as Sac was not going to issue a second one for the same car. What a douche. Caused a total of six trips to the DMV.

#18 ·
In San Diego, Miramar College. Even after seeing the paperwork and , I believe, calling Sacramento, he was visibly angry and begrudgingly issued my exemption sticker.

#20 ·
Hey guys: Peoples republic of commifornia member here also. I wanted to confirm a couple things with you before I go further. SB100 allows you to build it period correct to 1965 correct? Does this mean that I don't need cat's, and the only smog control i will need on the engine is the pcv? Pretty sure that's how I've read it but your guidance needed.

thanks
Duncan

#21 ·
Sb100

Closed loop PCV. PCV to intake from one valve cover. Breather to air cleaner from the other valve cover. Be certain to use the correctly marked hoses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.