Damn.. RIP Chris Cornell - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

Damn.. RIP Chris Cornell

Gone @ 52.
One of the greatest vocalists' dies unexpectedly.

Mk III FFR # 3503 ( Sold )
Mk I FFR # 2687
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:46 PM
dreamer turned builder
FFCars Craftsman

Suicide sucks. RIP Chris, love your music man.

FFR4277K 302 EFI, IRS, Halibrands, etc... (sold)
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:16 PM

Yep, pretty sad. I wasn't a fan of his work in particular but recognize his abilities and have respect for his talent for sure. I'm hearing speculation that it is possibly related to his unfortunate history of addiction. Either way it is really sad and the music industry has lost a great talent.

FFR MK3.1 7075 Delivered: 10/13/09, First start 2/28/11, gokart 10 minutes later
408w carbed, TKO 600, IRS (3.27 with Torsen), dual roll bars, halibrand replicas, SS side pipes, rivet on hood scoop, SAI mod

Satisfied customer of: Factory Five Racing, Mike Forte, Breeze Automotive, Whitby Motors, Herb's Door Panels, Cobra Heat, Stewart Transport, Wayne Presley (Very Cool Parts), North Racecars, and Finish Line

First Start:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dyno:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:00 PM
Shade Tree Mechanic

This was some of the best music ever made.......My son turned me on to all those great bands from Seattle when he was in middle school in the early 90's. Sound Garden was one of my favorites.

MKIII, 302 FMS Crate, GT40 Heads, Quick Fuel carb, TK0500 Mid-shift, 3-Link, 300 RWHP & Trq. Finally done after two years. I think I will call her Black Betty

"It is only when you see a mosquito landing on your testicles that you come to realize that there can be value in solving problems without using violence.”
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 05:30 PM
*** CAD Librarian ***
FFCars Lieutenant Colonel

Yes, normally I don’t pay attention to celebrity stuff, but I really like Soundgarden and Audioslave and this one surprised me. A friend of mine is a recording engineer and he worked with him in the studio, he said he was a really nice guy (uncommon for singers)

_
_

Early MK3 complete not without the loving help of Paul Mastroianni a.k.a. Cannonball Cobra...5-15-10 ..R.I.P....

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2017, 04:33 AM

It occurred to me earlier today, of the greatest 5 bands to come out of the grunge era, Eddie Vedder is the last living lead singer (Kurt Cobain/Nirvana - Layne Staley/Alice in Chains - Scott Weiland/Stone Temple Pilots - and now Chris, all taken before their time). That musical era/genre shaped my musical tastes from the late 80's through even today....its been my go-to favorite now for nearly 3 decades.

Sad news indeed.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement