For Sale: V8 Monster Miata - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum
FFCars.com Forums Advertisers Build Sites FFR FAQ Gallery

Go Back   FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum > Classifieds > Other Vehicles For Sale / Wanted
Register Garage iTrader FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto Loans

FFcars.com is the premier factory five cars Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 09:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

V8 Monster Miata

SOLD -- Thanks guys!! Building the 33 just might be next....

So, not sure if you have the time to build an FFR -- but you still like the idea of a cranking V-8 in a two seater? You are not sure about the whole “no top” (or windows) thing -- but you love being able to feel the breeze or take cover from the sun, wind or rain whenever you want? You really like the idea of blowing away the local Porsche and Vette guys with your car -- however you are not sure if you want all the attention a C**** gets? You appreciate a certain amount of attention if you raise the hood -- but want to be able to just park your fun car in a shopping mall lot and not give it a second thought as to security or unwanted attention? You don’t mind investing solid bucks in something world class in terms of performance – but you are not sure if you really want to constantly have to remind folks to not lean on the windshield to get in the car, to not hang on the doors or to watch that hot side pipe?

If any of the above speaks to you than you might want to consider my V8 Monster Miata. This is no “salvage title, learn by doing” piece that you occasionally see on EBay or a base car with 150K plus miles on it converted either. Instead, a pristine 1991 Miata with only 22K miles on it was converted in 1994 by Martin Wilson of Monster Miata Inc., http://www.monstermiata.com. Steadily improved, upgraded and maintained since. Blazingly fast, completely sorted and bulletproof.

Highlights include: Pro-built Ford based 306, Bench Flowed/Port Matched Edelbrock Aluminum Performer Package, Steel Billet Flywheel, Center Force II Clutch, World Class T5, 7.5” TracLoc limited slip with 3.27 gears, Koni Adjustable Racing Shocks, 11.5” Vented and Cross Drilled Front Discs with Wilwood Dynalite Calipers, 5 Bolt on 4.5” Momo Arrow Wheels, Sparco Racing Seats, Schroth Camlock Harnesses. 320HP/320 FP Torque, 2,450 lbs (hey, it even has electric windows, cut it some slack on the weigh-in No wings, body-kits, flares or 5” cans. This is an adult driven and maintained killer sleeper of the first degree. 54K miles total. Paint is nice, top is perfect, interior is excellent.

Offered at $24K. Available for complete wheels up four post lift inspection and demo drive in San Marcos, CA. Please send a PM if you or a third party wish to discuss or inspect.

Changes – Modifications -- Additions

ENGINE/Ford 306 EEC IV EFI
Block – Ford 5.0 HO, .030 Over, 9.5:1, Complete Professional Deck, Hone and B&B Assembly, Complete documentation.
Crankshaft – SVO forged and nitrated
Heads – Edelbrock Aluminum Performer, Flowbench ported and polished, SVO 1.6” Rockers, Beehive helper springs
Pistons – Arias Forged, full floating
Cam – SVO E303
Sprocket/Chain – SVO Steel/Full Roller
Windage Tray – SVO/Custom Boss 302
Bolts/Bearings/Gaskets – ARP/Michigan/Fel-Pro

INTAKE/IGNITION/EXHAUST
Mass Air Flow Sensor – C&L 73MM
Throttle Body/EGR Spacer – Edelbrock 70MM
Upper/Lower Manifold – Edelbrock Performer
Fuel Regulator – Kenne Bell Adjustable
Injectors – SVO 24 lb
Air Filter – K&N
Ignition – MSD 6AL with adjustable RPM limiter, Jacobs Ultra Coil, 9MM Wires
Headers – JBA Custom Shorty, Jet Hot Coated
Exhaust – Duel 2.5” w/H-Pipe, Duel 3 Chamber Flowmaster Mufflers, Extra 4 Way Bolt-in Cat system

COOLING/ACCESSORIES
Water Pump – Cool Flow Aluminum
Radiator – 3 Row Aluminum
Fans – Scott 11” Xterminators x 2 Push, Flexlite 11” x 2 Pull
Hoses – Goodyear Ultra Blue
Pulleys – March Underdrive Aluminum Billet

DRIVELINE
Engine & Transmission Mounts – MM Custom
Clutch Assembly – Centerforce II with hydraulic slave
Flywheel – SVO Steel Billet
Transmission – BW World Class T-5, Hurst Competition Shifter
Rear End – Ford 7.5”, 3.27 Limited Slip, Fully Independent, MM Custom Hanger
Half Shafts – MM Custom 300M, Ford T-Bird CV’s
Speedo Adapter and Speedo Gear – Ford Custom

SUSPENSION
Sway Bars Front & Rear – MM Custom, MM Custom Front Mounts
Shocks – Koni Adjustable x 4
Springs – MM Custom x 4
Track Bar Rear – Suspension Technology
Bump Steer Kit – Minicomp Custom Drop
Frame Rails – MM Custom Full Length

BRAKES/WHEELS/TIRES
Hubs – 5 Bolt on 4.5”
Rotors/Calipers Front – 11.5” Vented/X Drilled, Wilwood Dynalites,
Rotors/Calipers Rear – 10” Vented/X Drilled, Mazda Rx-7
Brakes Lines – Racing Beat Braided Stainless
Wheels – Momo 15 x 7
Tires – BF Goodrich Comp TA ZR 205/50/15 F, 225/50/15 R

INTERIOR/SAFETY
Roll Bar – 4 Point, Powder coated
Seats – Sparco Montecarlo Racing, full slider driver and passenger
Harnesses – Schroth 3” 5 Point Camlock with shoulder pads
Fire Bottle – 2.5 lb, Metal Clamp
Steering Wheel/Shift Knob – Momo Competition/Ergo
Gauges – VDO Water/Oil/Cylinder/Fuel
Pedals – Razzo Aluminum
Alarm – Clifford Intelliguard with internal and external radar
Stereo – Kenwood AM/FM CD with removable face, 6 Way speaker system, 500W amps

EXTERIOR/ACCESSORIES
Antenna – Harada Electric
Vented Headlight Air Intake – Rod Millen
Front Air Dam – Rod Millen
Hood Struts – Stainless Nitrogen Filled

Thanks for looking!!!
Bill

Last edited by Bill Lohmiller; 04-07-2010 at 06:29 PM.. Reason: Status -- Sold
Bill Lohmiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
FFCobra Fanatic
FFCars Captain

Thumbs up

Looks cool!!!!!! Have any vids. of you putting the spurs to her?
charles roybal MK III #4372 Kieth Craft 408W 527 HP Quick Fuel 780 carb 3-link,VPM Sway bars & 3-link mod, mid shift TKO 500, mod 8.8, team III. \"COBRA ,JET BLACK,FUNS\",KK Donuts
charles roybal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2009, 09:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hey Charles:

Thanks --will see if I can find a suitable clip or two. However in the meantime Bob Bondurant gave my car a solid thumbs up at Willow Springs after taking it (and me) for a few laps --

http://www.monstermiata.com/v8Miata_...age=MiscPhotos

Right after that is when I installed an adjustable rev limiter on the MSD box-- Despite telling him I needed to drive the car home that night, Bob saw the throttle pedal as an on/off switch with no off and we spent the entire 3 laps at 6250 RPM, the limit of the EEC IV.......

Regards,
Bill
Old 09-18-2009, 04:40 PM   #4 (permalink)

PM's replied to -- thanks for interest guys.

Regards all,
Bill
Old 09-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
FFCars Master Craftsman

Looks like a very clean install and not as tight as I would expect. I mean if you can still see the firewall, pulleys and headers, that's pretty good.
FFR '33 #78
Picked up 5/30/09

Arrowhead's '33 Hot Rod Build Site:
http://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/Home
Arrowhead is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2009, 08:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Arrowhead:

Ya, it is rather amazing how much room there is -- you can change all the plugs etc. no problem, even with the headers. Supposedly the original Miata design was done with a 6 in mind, hence the extra room in the engine bay. (Heck, I love my FFR too but with a Windsor in a MKII, it is easier for me to jack the car up and change 7 and 8 from underneath rather then trying to squeeze my hand down in there from above.....)

Hey, the 33 looks great!!!

Regards,
Bill
Old 10-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

I'm curious, how can this be California smog legal?
FFR4776, Ford Performance Red, Arctic White Stripes, Balanced 5.0L, TRW forged pistons, Cobra intake, F Cam, 1.6 Roller Rockers, 24lb injectors, BBK 70mm TB & EGR, Calibrated Vortech 73mm MAF, 190 LPH Holley, 8 Qt. Canton S/S Pan, RAM Clutch & Steel SFI Flywheel, SFI Damper, Ceramic 4 into 4's, Underdrive pullies, T5Z, B&M shifter, 3-link 8.8 w/3.55's & Granatelli Girdle, Tubular control arms & coilovers, Halibrand style wheels.
Porxter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2009, 03:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

California engine swap rule is very clear -- same year or newer engine as year of car complete with all emission equipment installed and functioning for that engine. Any mods need to have an EO#. Has to go through a Ref for inspection and sticker. There are now a fair number of V8 Miata's running around CA that have gone through the process -- I think all the Integra engine swaps into Civics has gotten the Refs very up to speed on the swap rules...

Regards,
Bill
Old 10-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

So they had to actually use a 1991 or later 5.0 to meet the law?
FFR4776, Ford Performance Red, Arctic White Stripes, Balanced 5.0L, TRW forged pistons, Cobra intake, F Cam, 1.6 Roller Rockers, 24lb injectors, BBK 70mm TB & EGR, Calibrated Vortech 73mm MAF, 190 LPH Holley, 8 Qt. Canton S/S Pan, RAM Clutch & Steel SFI Flywheel, SFI Damper, Ceramic 4 into 4's, Underdrive pullies, T5Z, B&M shifter, 3-link 8.8 w/3.55's & Granatelli Girdle, Tubular control arms & coilovers, Halibrand style wheels.
Porxter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2009, 12:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cougar

Sweet! a beautiful daily driver
I am so dying to build and have one for all of the reasons you mentioned! but first, one of the roadsters has gotta go
Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Porxter -- correct -- same year or newer, which leads to the next comment.....

Cougar -- thanks, however despite being very much a Ford guy my whole life, if you are going to build a Monster today and want to use a late model Miata, I have two letters and one number for you -- LS1......

Regards all,
Bill
Old 10-25-2009, 07:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

pm'ed, nice miata!!
b18c1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2009, 03:36 AM   #13 (permalink)

Slight nudge, ok, bump ttt.

Regards,
Bill
Old 12-28-2009, 04:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

nice car

Hey Bill, wow you live so close to me. that is a well done conversion. i had a chance to drove one of these beast when the first came out and i was very impress with it. the original one was pretty bone stock and was fast as h-lllllll ya know what i mean. i might just pm you on this car to see what kind of condition it is in. might be interest in it.
sean
advantec2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2010, 01:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

v8 miata

Bill could I please have your # or mine is e-mail [em@shaw.ca[/email] thks Larry

Last edited by hoychu; 01-20-2010 at 03:02 AM..
hoychu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement