2017 NW Club Cobra Whistler Trip - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-13-2017, 03:18 AM Thread Starter

Icon24 2017 NW Club Cobra Whistler Trip

Jake on ClubCobra recently posted for our summer cruise to Whistler Mountain.

We are one again going to travel to Whistler British Columbia for a summer club trip. It was Summer 2015, since we made the trek and it is time to once again connect with our Canadian brothers and sisters and each other. I have entered into an agreement to hold 15 rooms at the Pan Pacific mountain side resort (Same as 2015) for the weekend of July 14-15 and departing July 16th. This is a super nice resort in the village and close to tons of activities and resteraunts and bars. Equally important, we will once again have reserved and taped off parking in the underground parking ($15 a day). The cars are safe and sound when you leave them, which aids in a relaxing weekend. I will make reservations for a group dinner on Saturday evening like we did in 2015 and we will most likely gather for a casual dinner on the patio of the Irish Pub at the resort on Friday evening. I will have additional details on start and leave times soon, but it will most likely be similar to 2015, we will leave Tacoma around 8:30 am and pick up a north group along the way and then stop for lunch at Blaine. Then continue on towards Whistler. If you have not made this trip before it is very scenic and one of my favorite open car road trips.
We have 15 rooms reserved with a discount room rate. They are offering studio suites for $189 a night and 1 bedroom suites for $259 a night. The block is limited to 7 of each type of room, so the first to call and reserve a room will have preference on room type. They will hold the block until Mid Feb., but don't wait. They have asked that we book directly with Megan Carson at 604-966-5506. Tell her you are with NWClub Cobra when booking. You are free to book elsewhere if you would like, however it is tough to connect with the group and coordinate activities if you go down that road. Remember the room rates are in Canadian, not US, so they are really 30% off of that price because of the current exchange rate. Whistler is a very sought after summer trip location and the resort will sell out, so please don't push it out after Feb. or you may miss out on getting a room. Feel free to share with other Cobra folks and let's make this the best trip yet! If you have any questions ask away.

Jake

Re: 2017 NW Club Cobra Whistler Trip - Club Cobra and https://www.facebook.com/events/691123827715203/

Bruce

p.s. Made my reservations this morning.

Last edited by bsnyder; 01-17-2017 at 02:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 09:41 PM

Garage
Hi Bruce, Terry & Liz have made reservations. We'll meet you in Tacoma the morning of departure, and get the details before that date. We enjoyed your Oregon Coast trip last summer, and look forward to this one. I'm hoping our Portland club doesn't plan our summer trip at the same time. Looking forward to seeing you and the Seattle group again this summer.
Terry Hagberg

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2017, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Terry,

Glad to see you and Liz have signed on. I'll keep you posted as more details become available. Pass the word to the rest of the Oregon crew. The more the merrier. See you in July.

Bruce

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-20-2017, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Documents Needed to Cross into Canada and returning to the U.S.

If you plan on joining the cruise you'll need one of the following to cross the border and return to the U.S.

The documents U.S. Citizens need to visit Canada and to return home:
US citizens can no longer cross the border, back into the US, from Canada, using only a driver's licence and birth certificate.
- U.S. Passport or
- NEXUS or FAST card (pre-approved low risk travellers only) or
- U.S. Passport Card or
- Enhanced driver's licence (EDL) (available in MI, NY, VT, WA.

Bruce
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 05:34 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Bruce,
Just to be clear:
We need to present our driver's lic., birth cert., AND one of the 5 documents listed in your post...

You only have to fix it right, once.
18 yrs on the road & I'm still smilin'
LA Exotic, 460 Ford.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-24-2017, 02:43 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by James460 View Post
Bruce,
Just to be clear:
We need to present our driver's lic., birth cert., AND one of the 5 documents listed in your post...
No need for the birth certificate. You'll need your driver license and one of the following:
- U.S. Passport or
- NEXUS or FAST card (pre-approved low risk travellers only) or
- U.S. Passport Card or
- Enhanced driver's licence (EDL) (available in MI, NY, VT, WA.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Jake posted on clubcobra:

Looks like we will have a huge turnout this year! I can tell you that in the 14 years I have been doing club trips this will be my largest group for an overnight trip. The total as of today is 17 cars. The following people have registered for rooms:
Stephen and Judy C
Jake and Kim G
Scott and Debbie M
Tim M
Bruce S
Terry H
Andrew and Laurel E Kelowna
Nick D
Stephen N
Kevin E
Harry B
David And Cathy Fort Saskatchewan
Brent and Sherrie M
Wayne And Tracy K Kelowna
Jay H
Jason N
Dave N
I will have more details as we get closer.
Jake
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 03:05 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Looking forward to meeting everyone. The last time I drove to Whistler was in a 98 Windstar minivan with the kids in the back. The road into Whistler from the East is great with lots of twists and turns but not in a minivan!!
David W

FFR-4874 Mk ll, 3 bar coilovers, 5.0 with Edelbrock heads, RPM ll intake, 70mm TB, 24lb injectors, bullit replicas. Registered Aug 04, Lexus Indigo ink, silver stripes. Dec 06 POM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement