Factory Five Racing Forum banner

SOVREN Update

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  UrQ 
#1 · (Edited)
SOVREN Racing Update

I have been woriking with the SOVREN board/directors to get acceptance to run replica race ready Cobras. SOVREN agreed to one year trial and allow the Factory Five’s to run at all events except for the 4th july race (which could change). The agreement is that we will police our own cars for proper prep and race with the group 3 large bore cars. And just like any other race club a race license is required, scca, conference, sovren etc.

I think that this is great news. See SOVREN Racing

#4 ·
Thanks for the hard work on this Tony. Would GT40 replicas be allowed by SOVREN now?
Good question on the Historics Thomas. PIR Historics are run by a new vintage organizer starting this year. Sounds like Cobra replicas would be allowed at the Labor Day SOVREN PIR event though. Steve P.?

#5 · (Edited)
You will have to make the case for a replica GT40, when I did this for the Cobras and Coupes I did not do anything for the GT40, sorry, just did not know anything about these.

The only race that is in question is the PNW Historics (the PIR Historics awe can run in) , as they indicated that we would not be allowed there at this time but I'm still working that issue, all other races on SOVRENs web site we are allowed to run.

#6 ·
Ran first event with SOVREN this past weekend in Spokane, had a great time as we were all pretty much in the same pack all during the races trading spots, and turning some good times on the track, was HOT well into 90's. Great bunch of folks to run with !

#9 ·
No, was mainly the fords and Jags (BOSS 302s, GT350s, Falcon, etc.) I would not say that FFR is a road block, they are a few seconds faster at Spokane and Pacific and a lot faster at PIR.

#8 ·
Very cool!

#10 ·
tony I wasnt trying to offend you or any one else with a ffr. I saw your post about spokane and I knew the corvettes werent there. There getting ready for the 4th of july race. I think sovren is letting in the challenge cars to help bring the car count up, there is already a black superformance mk2 gt40 that races with them so replica cobras should fit right in. Even the the gt40s dont have what it takes to run up front with the orange boss or the corvettes. But its fun to watch and Iam sure your living a dream being out there.

Scott

#11 ·
No offense taken, correct they are looking to increase the car count in the big and medium bore classes (as they allowed the Cathams also). The challenge cars are limited to a stock block turning 5.5-6K rpms and limited on HP as we are at most 300rwhp and weigh in @ 2450-2650 lbs. We can't keep up on the straights but can out brake the larger cars, so that puts us a few seconds behind, but as you point out still fun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.