Jeff Miller ROCKS - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

Jeff Miller ROCKS

Hi guys
It has been a busy spring for us here in PA, a lot of traveling, Brendan is cranking in the shop. Now I finally have a moment to breath before we head to VIR for hyperfest with John Georges Coupe.
I do owe Jeff Miller a shout out. A few weeks ago bob-stl and myself flew in southern Cal. to pick up his newly painted Coupe from Millers paint shop.
Jeff was kind enough to let us use his assembly bay to prep the coupe for the long drive home to St. Louis.
Jeff went way above and beyond making sure the coupe was ready for the trip.
this made my Job easy. Bob and I spent the first evening lusting over the paint, and dining with Jeff and His family. Thanks for dinner Bob.
Good god Jeff can lay down some great paint why I dont live near him I do not know.
Next day Bob and I decided to expand the pass footbox to make the trip home more comfy.
Well worth the day. Jeff jumped in again and provided some aluminum, and the tools to do the job.
afterwards we participated in the
Hilborn tour
Davids BBQ
and the Hunt show.

It was great having a shop to base out of for the weekend.
So thanks again Jeff.

The Traveling Builder
717-599-9232 Wanda for scheduling

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Not a waxer

Jeff

Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Thank you to Jeff Kleiner
This paint Job was Kleiner's
but he he was not ready to do it in the time period we planned for the build. ( he is building a new house)
sooooo
He called us and sent us to Miller.
As a result an Epic journey took place.
See You at LCS Kleiner
OHH and by thw way
I hear Miller is attending also.
he is supposed to fly in on those little wings of his.

The Traveling Builder
717-599-9232 Wanda for scheduling

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 07:14 PM
Not a waxer

Yep, and we're going to hang him in Henry's trailer (cause he sure ain't sleeping with me...unless you're in the middle).

O

Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:32 AM
FFCars Master Craftsman

Still wish he could've done mine!
Car looks great and the road trip sounds like a riot!

John

Building when I can, sigh....

Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Fast EZ EFI
First start Sept. 18 2013
First go kart Sept 19 2013

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 07:07 AM
Senior Charter Member

Thumbs up

Im still waiting for you three here on Maui! otherwise i gotta give her the DIY paint job. Congrats to Bob on a bitchen car!!!

Coupe #641 started 6/19/14. Levy stage 4 347, Super Alloy T5, FAST EFI, IRS, Willwoods, Fast Freddie's EHPS, Custom Carbon dash. More mods to come I'm sure.
MK 3.1 Roadster #4759 completed 2005, 4.6 sohc,Bullits, Willwoods, ABS, Hydroboost, A dream to drive and auto cross !
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:51 AM
FFCars Major

Good job Mark. I got to see Bob's car and it looks great, still haven't gone for a ride yet. Not sure how you and Jeff manage all the stuff you do. Still haven't finished the 'kit from hell' I'm doing.
It's running, but real tuning issues. Zero help from the vendor who sold me the the fuel and ignition system. The manufacturer, Borla, has been great. Together with FAST, they found a tuner close by to help, taking it there soon.
Jeff when you get caught up, and need another car to paint, let me know.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M DOUGHERTY View Post
Jeff was kind enough to let us use his assembly bay to prep the coupe for the long drive home to St. Louis.
Jeff went way above and beyond making sure the coupe was ready for the trip.
this made my Job easy. Bob and I spent the first evening lusting over the paint.....
Hey Miller! Did I tell you?:

"THIS PAINT POPS!"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-20-2017, 11:22 AM
Cobra Colorist

It was 100% my pleasure guys The "epic journey" to the west coast, Huntington Beach, Bat Cave (hole) and back home all woven together as part of "Bob's Coupe Story" is priceless. Personally I think you're NUTS. See ya in a few weeks.......Maui Carl....don't count us out just yet....da Bat

Drink me handsome and take me home....Bartender, I'd like to buy the little lady a drink...better make it a double.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 04:39 AM

One of the great things about our hobby are the fantastic folks in it! People like da Bat, Ken Pike, Mark D.,Wayne Presley, Mark at Breeze, Jeff at Whitby and many more that have been working in this business should be burnt out by this time helping so many others on their cobra journey but they treat every one like its day one, with the same enthusiasm they felt when they started. This is a great family of wonderful folks, very diverse but all with a common love of a great American Icon! You just gotta love that!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Charter Member

X2 what Russ said!

Garry

I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031 with 422" Windsor Stroker.(dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
Mk III # 5021 ***SOLD***
Unique 427 Roadster with 482"FE by Southern Automotive ***SOLD***
Sponsored Links
Advertisement