t5 is out, more questions - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Master Craftsman

t5 is out, more questions

I got the t5 out of my coupe due to the advice I received from fellow members. Key for me was to jack the rear end of the engine up from the bell housing. That gave the extra clearance needed to get it out.

Now I have some questions

On the old trans there's a clutch interlock contact that the new one doesn't have. Any idea's on how to tackle that.

Then the tail shaft seal is different but I assume that is no problem?

Also the speedo gear is red. I seem to remember that there's different color gears for different rear end gears. My rear end has 3.73's, is the red gear the right gear?

Thank you,

John

Building when I can, sigh....

Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Fast EZ EFI
First start Sept. 18 2013
First go kart Sept 19 2013

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 10:36 PM
Charter Member
FFCars Captain

7 tooth drive gear (yellow), a 21 tooth driven gear (red), rearend with 3.73 gears, and stock tire diameter.

tail shaft seal with boot Ford, no boot Chevy.
seal specs are almost exact, except one has a boot.

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:34 PM
Blues n Brews

The switch on the top cover is the neutral safety switch. When wired up the trans has to be in neutral to start the engine. If you did not have to unwire it to remove the trans then its not used. If you did unwire it then just splice the wires together in the wiring harness so the engine will start. The other switch on the side is the reverse lights switch. When in reverse its closed to operate the reverse (backup) lights.

ewh123

2006 F5 Roadster #4039, 5.0, 4X4 Headers & Stainless Sidepipes, Holley Ultra 650 Carb, T5, Disc Brakes Front & Rear, 3.73 8.8 4 Link Rear, Chrome Roll Bar And Bumpers, Tubular Control Arms Front And Rear, 17 inch Halibrand replica rims with BF Goodrich Street Comp 2 tires, wipers, Kirkey vintage seats.

2014 F5 Type 65 Coupe #655, 5.0, 2x4bbl carbs, T5, 4 link 8.8, 3.73 gears, tubular control arms front and rear, disk brakes front and rear, 17 inch Halibrand replica rims with 315 rear and 245 front Mickey Thompson Street Comps, wipers and washers, seat heaters, heat and a/c, Kirkey vintage seats, carpet. Still building.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Master Craftsman

Thanks guys.

Guess I'll wire them to a momentary switch so it's a theft deterrent also.

John

Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Fast EZ EFI

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Master Craftsman

Oooppsss, cat is out of the bag

John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement