||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Missing those parts I went on to the rear IRS assembly (note there are no instructions for this so it took awhile to sort out what goes where... I'm just a YouTube mechanic so need a little extra help figuring this stuff out)
The front and fear went together pretty well. At first, though I had to mill out my forward diff mounts a bit. Just a few thousands with a Dremel to get the hardware in the holes.
Used cargo straps and floor jack to put in the diff
So easy a child can do it!!!
The real head scratcher this week was the rear spindle.
I't didn't fit and I spent two days trying to figure out what I did wrong
It turns out I just didn't know that the spindle needed to be pretty heavily modified by chopping off the upper control arm mount and drilling out a new one
So there you go. Tony from FFR emailed me what needed done and has sent the manual for a mk4 roadster which will help with further snafus maybe until the gen 3 manual comes out in a few months. (I hope to be well along by then)
I hope to be suspension complete when my spindles come in a few days. Until then I'll work on steering and brake buildup. (Well also finishing up the rear IRS.)
Last edited by SurfDog57; 03-20-2017 at 09:53 PM.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|