Looking for a Fitting coming out of intake manifold for heater hose - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

1Thanks
  • 1 Post By Norm B

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Looking for a Fitting coming out of intake manifold for heater hose

I've tried the searches, blah blah blah, can't find it.

This is the Tee fitting that I've seen on some of your motors that is 1/2" NPT into the intake manifold (I have the RPM Performer). It acts as 90* that threads into the manifold, then allows you to thread your water temp sensor on the top, while also allowing you to attach your supply heater hose to the side barb. It's brass and I can't find it on the forum anymore.

Can some one help me locate it?
Thanks,
Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------
Dave
Greenhorn / A New Experience for Me.
Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels

Purchased 10/7/15; Brought her Home 10/18/15
My photos are at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Videos are at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Build (Learning as I go and poorly organized) Blog @

Loving the Island Life

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:06 PM

Search online for
90 Degree Heater Hose Intake Fitting 1/2 NPT to 5/8 Barb
Chrome version is easier to find than brass.

#8619. Picked up 5/27/15, First Go Cart 7/16
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:16 PM
FFCars Craftsman

Garage
Breeze has one. Breeze Automotive Factory Five Racing.

HTH

Norm

Mk 4 Base 7721, 302, Carb, T5, 355 traction lock, rear disc, heater, wipers, foot well vents, whitby soft top, dropped trunk floor and more.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:51 PM

ECT Sensor Elbow Kit

Thanks for referring to Breeze Norm.
Been serving the FFR Roadster and Coupe community for 18 years now.
Hoping to catch on eventually!

2005 FFR Mk3 Roadster, 302/340hp, MassFlo EFI, Breeze Pulleys, T5, Aluminum Flywheel, 3-link rear with Torsen Diff and 3.27:1 gears, Power Steering, Breeze Front Sway Bar, SN-95 Spindles with outboard SAI Mod, Breeze Battery Mount, QA1 Externally Adjustable Shocks, Quick Release Steering Wheel, Vintage Race seats, GM Arctic White, Sky Blue Scoop, Hidden Hinges, Billet Aluminum Side-view Mirrors, 2,183lbs wet. 1967 Mustang Fastback, Dark Moss Green, black interior, '67 14" styled steel wheels, 2000 Explorer 302 w 5.0 Cam, Quickfuel 450 CFM, 289 Hi-Po Dual exhaust, C4, lowering springs w Shelby drop.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-23-2017, 06:53 PM Thread Starter
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Reynolds View Post
Thanks for referring to Breeze Norm.
Been serving the FFR Roadster and Coupe community for 18 years now.
Hoping to catch on eventually!
Mark, I just placed the order. Going to try a start up this weekend.

Dave
Greenhorn / A New Experience for Me.
Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels

Purchased 10/7/15; Brought her Home 10/18/15
My photos are at:

Videos are at:

My Build (Learning as I go and poorly organized) Blog @

Loving the Island Life

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-25-2017, 08:21 PM
FFCars Craftsman

Garage
No problem Mark, I have lots of your parts on my car and they all work great.

DadofThree, if you plan on using the sensor position of the tee for your EFI ECT sensor while running a heater you might want to look at a bypass heater control valve. I originally used that spot for a engine fan control sensor but found the sensor didn't get enough coolant flow to operate correctly when the heater wasn't on. The problem could have been solved by installing a bypass control valve. This would be the best solution if using this port for an EFI sensor. I got a different water neck with a sensor port and used this for my fan sensor switch. This solution won't work for an EFI sensor because there's no coolant flow until the thermostat opens. Here is a picture of an example of a bypass controller available at Autozone.

Jeff Kleiner provided the info on the water neck and bypass controller in a previous thread.

HTH

Norm
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0124.JPG (36.9 KB, 23 views)

Mk 4 Base 7721, 302, Carb, T5, 355 traction lock, rear disc, heater, wipers, foot well vents, whitby soft top, dropped trunk floor and more.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 02:03 AM

Can you add the link to the jeff kleiner thread?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 04:15 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Garage
Can't locate the thread where this was discussed. I can't find any threads prior to April 2016 and I know it was before that.

Sorry

Norm

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 10:27 AM

Here is a photo of the Breeze fitting on my 347 ... with a Victor Jr intake.

I use the top fitting for the EFI ECU temperature and the other for the heater inlet.

The coolant temperature sensor is on the DS of the intake manifold.

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 03:05 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

I agree that the sensor needs to be in flowing coolant. If not, they will likely read low.

The thermostat housing is a good place. Carlwms' picture has a plug there. (why not the sensor?)

Some thermostat housings don't actually have a hole there, but have a bung that can be drilled and tapped.

MKIV Roadster....FFR7694
3-link Moser, Wilwood brakes, 347, TKO
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-26-2017, 04:14 PM
FFCars Craftsman

Garage
The thermostat housing port works great for a fan control switch but will not be accurate during warm up for an EFI sensor. There is no coolant flow until the thermostat opens. The ECM will get a cold engine reading and run the engine on a rich mixture until the thermostat opens. Not ideal.

Norm
Mark Reynolds thanked this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement