What kind of tape is used on the Ron Francis / Ford Racing Controls pack wiring? - FFCars.com : Factory Five Racing Discussion Forum

2Thanks
  • 1 Post By beeman
  • 1 Post By edwardb

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

What kind of tape is used on the Ron Francis / Ford Racing Controls pack wiring?

What kind of tape is used on the Ron Francis / Ford Racing Controls pack wiring? It's like electrical tape but magical - it doesn't leave a terrible residue. Where can I buy some of this to rewrap things after we tear them apart?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:04 AM
FFCars Craftsman

I used something like this to rewrap my Mustang harness after diet. No stickiness. Have to put a little electrical tape at start and finish of each segment to prevent unwinding. Great stuff.

https://www.amazon.com/Parts-Place-A.../dp/B00H87VJCQ

TallerMike thanked this.

MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. PS, PB, ABS, TC.
GTM #304
2000 C5 Coupe 489HP LS1
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:17 AM

It's hard to beat Coroplast 837X for wrapping wiring harnesses.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 01:23 AM
FFCars Captain

For tape with adhesive, I've found that Scotch Super 33+ is highly rated and widely available. Our local Ace and Home Depot have it. Best I can tell, similar to what the RF harness is wrapped with.

I found much of the Ford Racing Coyote harness uses wrap without adhesive. For that I used American Autowire Harness Tape R0067108 from Summit Racing. Works great. Then add a piece of regular tape at the ends.
TallerMike thanked this.

Build 1: Mk3 #5125. Sold 11/08/2014.
Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. 03 of 20. Deliv: 08/05/2015. 2015 crate Coyote, 2015 IRS. Legal 04/18/2017. Red/white club for the third time.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:51 AM
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Thumbs up

it's called cold wrap

I'll see if I can find a source

Dwight

RCR GT 40, 347 with Eight Stack Injection system with 0 miles
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:03 PM
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Thumbs up

maybe this is it.

https://www.doitbest.com/products/555878

I thought I bought a roll from Dell City or McMaster Carr. It was not very expense.

https://www.mcmaster.com/#electrical...-tape/=17ofpg3

RCR GT 40, 347 with Eight Stack Injection system with 0 miles
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 02:11 PM

not the same, but...

I used Friction Tape from Summit Racing on mine to clean up the harness from my salvaged 3v 4.6. It's not the same as the Ron Francis harness, but I liked the look. It's has a stickiness to it on both sides of the tape, but doesn't leave a residue when it's removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled12.jpg (20.9 KB, 9 views)

Michael

MK4 #7804
Plans: 3V SOHC 4.6, 05+ TR3650, 3-Link (3.31) 17" FR500's, Dual Roll Bars, Speedhut Gauges
Ordered: OCT-2011
Delivered: 16-MAY-2012
First Start: 21-JUN-2015
First Drive: 26-MAY-2016
Paint: TBD
Licensed & Tagged: 23-NOV-2016
Sponsored Links
Advertisement