Factory Five Racing Forum banner

What are these parts for?

925 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SnakeBitten14 
#1 ·
Getting finished with most of the mechanical systems and I have these left over. If I messed something up, they probably go in the rear suspension somewhere. What are these parts and where do they go?

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Those go on the IRS UCA. Factory five redesigned those late last summer some time. My updated piece came after I received my kit. I honestly cant tell from the pic if that is the new or the old piece and if you have the new or old piece installed. It is either extra or you need to replace the one you have on there with the one you have pictured. Sorry cant be more specific. I am pretty sure that is the new piece but cant say with 100% confidence.

#5 ·
They are for the IRS spindle to upper control arm at the heim joint. In my manual revision 4g October 2016 shown on page 100-102. I left them out of mine until I figured out the pictures.
JR

#7 ·
This is the specific tech update they sent to all existing owners. I would think by now it's a standard part of the kit. The parts in question are included here:

This is what they look like installed:

#8 ·
The ones in your pic are the outer ones right under the washer at the head of the bolt. There should be two more that have a taper on the end like the ones in the pic EdwardB provided.

#9 ·
Here are the pics from my manual. Hope they help.
JR

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.