Factory Five Racing Forum banner

First AAA Ride Home @ 7,000 miles

689 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  BEAR-AvHISTORY 
#1 ·
Went out to Bob's to use his lift to see if I could sport the cause of the right hand turn noise. Went for a quick spin to duplicate the noise for Bob.

Gave the car a quick squirt in 2nd. Car was quick but did not run as hard as usual. Went back & put the car up & found nothing suggesting any contact between parts that are not supposed to touch.

Bob save me some trouble when it spotted a main power wire that had come loose from a hold down & was rubbing on the drive shaft. Because I has sheathed all my wires only the protection had rubbed through. We wire tied it back in place & I will install a fresh hold down.

On the was home the engine cut out under load going onto the interstate. Did this once or twice. Not a misfire just zero power. Steady 2500ROM for about 20 miles. Car started not reacting to the gas pedal on upgrades. Would cut out then catch.

Eventually about 7 miles from home it quit altogether. Called AAA. About 45 minutes we were loaded & on the way.
Excellent driver. Took care to see the car was not scraped by the chains & dropped it in my garage.

Shuffled the cars around on the driveway then went it to check the COBRA. It started right up on the key turn.

Any thoughts?

See less See more
#4 ·
My first gut feel on the road was fuel. Possibly the filter or the pump. Pump is external.

Will hook up an code reader & see if it shows anything ECU related in the morning. What gripes me is I can't find the source of the noise/vibration on right turns. Was hoping to see some contact marks when we put the car up:frown2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.