Senior Charter Member
FFCars Captain

Interesting FFR on e-bay

------WARNING-------

Here's the link, if you dare:
1998 Replica/Kit Makes 427 SHELBY COBRA SC

Race Car Replicas Superlite Coupe
Hunter Kit Cars #37 - SOLD

Last edited by PSB; 04-20-2017 at 12:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:02 PM
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner

Cute girls.

Greg

FFR4373RD MK3, nondonor, DIY options/mods/paint, Lexus indigo/Viper silver, Hydroboost PS&PB/discs/ABS, AC/heat, 3-link/Konis, FMS302E, Holley 600DP/Airgap, 4X4 exhaust, Halibrand deep lip chrome CobraIII, TeamIII spinners, rollbars: chrome full & single

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 10:35 PM

Well at least it is a wrap that can be peeled away. Of course the underneath isn't that striking either IMHO.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:21 AM
FFCars Craftsman

What, no machine guns? I'll bet Dan Short can take care of that!

Alan

MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, 255/40-17 F 295/35-17 R Kumho XS, dual roll bars, Kirkey high back seats, paint by Jeff Miller, registered 9/2014.
New project, 1970 Mustang fastback restomod. Started 10/14/16.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:04 PM

Take a look at

Take a look at the "other items" the seller has for sale. You'll understand the car by looking at his knight and girlfriend for sale. The bong in the background of one of the pictures says it all. Different, to say the least!
Dan Babb thanked this.

Dirt gets under your fingernails, and pain gets under the skin, but a dream has a way of getting down to the bone and the heart of the body that it's in.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 06:22 PM

Wow.......... that's...............something?

But seriously, isn't that paint job from a George Barris design?

And whats with the last pic in the auction?????? showing that really nice Burnt copper color cobra? Is that, what it could be with a lot of cash????

I have to be honest, I couldn't read that whole description. Too much about something I care too little about, LOL!

Tim A.
Proud father of MK4 roadster (PICK UP 6/9/2017)
67 Camaro RS resto-mod
68 Galaxie 500 convertible (SOLD)
11 VW GTI
------------------------------------------------------------
You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 07:03 PM
Geek

Same car...

FFR sighting, unique paint job!

FFR Mk3.1 #6720. Carb'd 302. Fun.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady302 View Post
But seriously, isn't that paint job from a George Barris design?
!
FOUND IT! Not a a George Barris design. It's a Boris Vallejo design. It was actually offered from the Franklin Mint. I knew I saw this somewhere before. I was hoping it would be the last time too, LOL!

Here's the Franklin Mint version:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ugly cobra 1.jpg (107.6 KB, 91 views)

Tim A.
Proud father of MK4 roadster (PICK UP 6/9/2017)
67 Camaro RS resto-mod
68 Galaxie 500 convertible (SOLD)
11 VW GTI
------------------------------------------------------------
You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady302 View Post
FOUND IT! Not a a George Barris design. It's a Boris Vallejo design. It was actually offered from the Franklin Mint. I knew I saw this somewhere before. I was hoping it would be the last time too, LOL!

Here's the Franklin Mint version:
What in the world? Who ever though it would be a good idea to make a die cast of that thing? Wonder how many they sold.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Not a waxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wareaglescott View Post
Wonder how many they sold.
I'm betting at least one...and I have a pretty good idea who bought it

Jeff

Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:53 AM
FFCars Craftsman

I'm thinking the die cast was out before this person had his car done like this.

I have no idea how old the FFR is (if that really is an FFR) but I know the die cast has been around for some time. The makers of the die cast have several of these special additions in the set. Not sure of there base intentions for the set of die cast cars, but this is the only one I know of that was turned into a full size paint job on a drivable car....

Just my 2 cents.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

The only thing that makes me hopeful is that it says "one of a kind". Thank God for that.

I know "to each his own", "your car, your way" and all of that. But there needs to be some acceptable level of taste taken into account.
roadscholar thanked this.

MKIV Roadster....FFR7694
3-link Moser, Wilwood brakes, 347, TKO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement