post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Club Cobra

Looks like Club Cobra is down again.

John O

Government is a disease...
...masquerading as its own cure…

FFR1293K-289 slab side "Mr Bruce" body, 289 hi-po, Tremec TKO, 3-link 3.55 rear, spoked wire wheels, under car exhaust. A replica of CSX 2367.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 12:15 PM

I'm registered on Club Cobra and a member of Windy City Cobras, but I can't reply to a post or post new (when the site is up & working). I've tried to contact them several times without success. Any suggestions?

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:01 PM
FFCars Craftsman

Up and running as of 9 AM.

Alan

MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, 255/40-17 F 295/35-17 R Kumho XS, dual roll bars, Kirkey high back seats, paint by Jeff Miller, registered 9/2014.
New project, 1970 Mustang fastback restomod. Started 10/14/16.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 05:51 PM
FFCars Craftsman

I just tried .Site is down.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:17 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Every time I have tried today, logged in successfully. Just logged in at 5:15 PM AZ time. Are you using an old link?

Try http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/

I have found the site to be down from time to time, maybe maintenance?

Alan

MK4 base kit, 2004 Mach 1 donor, 4.6L DOHC, TR-3650 5-speed, narrowed stock axle with 3.55 gears and TruTrac, PS, PB, ABS, 17" Halibrand replica wheels, 255/40-17 F 295/35-17 R Kumho XS, dual roll bars, Kirkey high back seats, paint by Jeff Miller, registered 9/2014.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:29 AM
FFCars Craftsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_C View Post
Every time I have tried today, logged in successfully. Just logged in at 5:15 PM AZ time. Are you using an old link?

Try http://www.clubcobra.com/forums/

I have found the site to be down from time to time, maybe maintenance?

Alan
That link only seems to work sometimes. Other times, it will give you a fatal error message. Then I go and remove the forums/ part of the address, and it takes you to the home page. It is strange.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:57 PM
Senior Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyridin' View Post
That link only seems to work sometimes. Other times, it will give you a fatal error message. Then I go and remove the forums/ part of the address, and it takes you to the home page. It is strange.
Same thing here. When I am on the homepage and click on the "Forums" tab, I get same fatal error message.

Aaron

MK3.1, 347 CI, Holley 650 DP, Aluminum Flywheel, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, TKO500, 3.73:1 Rear Gears

No Heat, No A/C, No Power Steering, No Cruise Control, No Radio, No Carpet, No Frills --> Built for Fun
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-23-2017, 06:03 PM
Husband/Father/Son

folks, from what I can gather, some coding issues abound

use http://www.clubcobra.com only without any further extensions.

Live simply, care deeply, and have a wonderful life!
Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful and positive solution.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Senior Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
folks, from what I can gather, some coding issues abound

use http://www.clubcobra.com only without any further extensions.
I can get to that page. The problem is when I click on the "Forums" tab at the top left of that page I get this error.:

"Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1835008) (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\funct ions.php on line 2836"

Aaron

MK3.1, 347 CI, Holley 650 DP, Aluminum Flywheel, Spec Stage 2 Clutch, TKO500, 3.73:1 Rear Gears

No Heat, No A/C, No Power Steering, No Cruise Control, No Radio, No Carpet, No Frills --> Built for Fun
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 11:45 PM
FFR Craftsman

Reboot the computer.
Try using another browser such as Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Could be a timing issue. I "just" logged in fine ( 4:43PM PST)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

╔═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═══
║FFR #4883: 347CID|CompCam Magnum 286HR|Vic. Jr. heads|Hurricane Intake
║Mighty Demon 650DP|IRS w/Torsen T2 & 3.55|MSD ignition system
║Mallory pump/filter/reg.|Hallibrand 17" w/275-45R17 & 315-35R17|
║Original I-Squared 1+1 System ☺ ☺☺
╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════ ═══
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 01:08 AM
Husband/Father/Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaga View Post
I can get to that page. The problem is when I click on the "Forums" tab at the top left of that page I get this error.:

"Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 1835008) (tried to allocate 98304 bytes) in F:\Inetpub\wwwroot\clubcobra\forums\includes\funct ions.php on line 2836"

Don't click forums, click "new posts".....When you are done reading them, click "mark all posts read", that will take you to the main forum page where you can get to whatever else you need to

Bill S

Instead of being part of the problem, why not be a part of a successful and positive solution.

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Senior Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 289FIA_Cobra View Post
Reboot the computer.
Try using another browser such as Mozilla Firefox, or Google Chrome.
Could be a timing issue. I "just" logged in fine ( 4:43PM PST)
I do use Google Chrome. I deleted my cookies, history, and cache. I reboot my computer every day. None of that worked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
Don't click forums, click "new posts".....When you are done reading them, click "mark all posts read", that will take you to the main forum page where you can get to whatever else you need to

Bill S
I figured my issue out. It has to do with my company's firewall. The firewall prevents some of the navigation through the site, but not the site or the threads on the site if that makes any sense. With the firewall on, the tabs at the top for "new posts" or "forums" does not work. I can get to clubcobra.com and read any thread that shows up on that main page though. When I do not use the company's firewall those exact same tabs work just fine and I can navigate the subforums without issue.

Aaron

post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 01:59 AM
FFCars Craftsman

I get "Service Unavailable" message when trying to login. It has been that way most of the day. I have used both Firefox and Chrome, same results.

Hopefully the webmaster for this site will get it back up soon, need to coordinate Route 66 Fun Run activities for Friday.

post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 03:57 AM

It seems to happen now and then... Give it a day or two and it will come back...
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 10:35 AM
Husband/Father/Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_C View Post
I get "Service Unavailable" message when trying to login. It has been that way most of the day. I have used both Firefox and Chrome, same results.

Hopefully the webmaster for this site will get it back up soon, need to coordinate Route 66 Fun Run activities for Friday.
All of Brent's sites are down, which makes me believe it is a hardware issue this time around as all share the same server box.

Bill S

post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 12:06 PM
FFCars Master Craftsman

That message indicates a hardware issue on the server, not the client. Their server is running out of memory.

"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting." - 1971, Steve McQueen, Le Mans
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 12:57 PM

Alan,
We are leaving I-17 and Carefree Highway at 10:00 AM and next stop will be Chino Valley for a gas up and then to Seligman. Taking the short cut at Prescott Valley if that helps.
Gary
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 10:28 PM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

I have to ask....what does ClubCobra offer that this site cannot? I've posted there some, but, it's always been slow to load, down often and just not worth it really. I don't complain to anyone as I don't pay a dime to access the site, just curious, why others post on both sites?

MKII, 460, Edelbrock Torker II Intake(Port Matched), Quick Fuel 750 Carb, Tremec 5 speed, Bridgestone Potenza R760 Tires - 432 Rwhp; 460 Rwtq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:41 PM
Husband/Father/Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Venom View Post
I have to ask....what does ClubCobra offer that this site cannot? I've posted there some, but, it's always been slow to load, down often and just not worth it really. I don't complain to anyone as I don't pay a dime to access the site, just curious, why others post on both sites?
Diversity and a knowledge base second to none.

Bill S
Purple Venom thanked this.

post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-04-2017, 11:50 PM
Not a waxer

Quote:
I have to ask....what does ClubCobra offer that this site cannot?
A place to talk if you have something other than an FFR (or for a small percentage even if you do).

Jeff

Mk3 #5946 build pics w/text

Mk4 #7276 "indy14" Build thread

Mk4 Bodywork thread

post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

Quote:
I have to ask....what does ClubCobra offer that this site cannot?
Well, the reason for me is that they cover all brands of replicas plus originals. I find it very interesting. There are other cars out there besides FFR. I've taken the route of trying to replicate an original 289 roadster and get a lot of info there. From the engine and engine compartment, interior and exterior. Not all Factory Five builders want that.

John O

Government is a disease...
...masquerading as its own cure…

FFR1293K-289 slab side "Mr Bruce" body, 289 hi-po, Tremec TKO, 3-link 3.55 rear, spoked wire wheels, under car exhaust. A replica of CSX 2367.
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 03:03 AM
Junior Charter Member
FFCars Master Craftsman

I got ya. I know many don't or won't access Facebook, but there is a bunch of info on a couple of the groups there too btw. John, you're right, I guess owning an FFR, I only think of originals and FFR's really. Hope it's back up soon!

MKII, 460, Edelbrock Torker II Intake(Port Matched), Quick Fuel 750 Carb, Tremec 5 speed, Bridgestone Potenza R760 Tires - 432 Rwhp; 460 Rwtq

post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Baghdad Bob

Send a message via Yahoo to mcwho
I am one of the ones that WILL NOT access facebook. Too many Narcissistic folks on there. I got tired of seeing the sandwich that people are having for lunch, Really ?

After this last rash of live suicides and murders I am really fed up with a venue that allows all that crap.

Free speech has gone too far.

Ordered Feb 26 2009
Engine: 331 from Engine Factory, Carburated QF 650
Halibrand 15" Wheels, BFG Radial TA Tires
Build School July 2010
Recieved Kit July 2010, #7287

Adds
Power Steering Rack & Offset Alum Bushings - Breeze, Power Steering Heidt Valve
Power Brakes - Whitby
Hydralic Clutch & Hydralic Brake Master Cyl. Modern Driveline
Modified quiet sidepipes - Breeze
sidepipe heat shields cobrastuff
Trunk Battery Box - FFmetalb
Firewall Forward - FFmetal
Turn Signal switch - Russ Thompson
Enlarged Passenger Footbox mod Russ Thompson
Russ Thompson accelerator pedal
Tremec TKO600 .64 5TH
Heater and Wipers

As of Mar 2017

Fitting the sidepipes and last will be hood and windscreen fit, then paint.

First start April 2016

First Go-Cart June 2016

Body is being prepped for paint
Sponsored Links
Advertisement